At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
Join our Centre of Excellence (Maintenance & Engineering). The Maintenance & Engineering Centre of Excellence (MECoE) has been created to define a new way of working. Our MECoE has been created to remotely yet collaboratively support our sites around the country to deliver safe, sustainable improvement focusing on our equipment performance.
About the role
You will be part of a contemporary, CBD based team, utilising innovative tools and technology to add real value and new approaches to maintenance as a profession – providing standards to guide our activity, services where there are benefits to centralisation and scale, and support to our people.
This role will be performed from our Centre of Excellence hub based in our Brisbane offices, supported by the latest technology to engage with our sites around the Australia and the globe.
This role will be responsible for ensuring that equipment maintenance strategies for mobile & field equipment are deployed globally and monitored for compliance and success. Reporting to the Lead Strategy Optimisation, this role will align maintenance standards to enable uniform execution to strategies across the business. This role will incorporate feedback from different performance systems as well as stakeholders and defect elimination processes to continual improve total equipment strategies across the business. Your high level of expertise in mobile & field equipment is fundamental in ensuring compliance across the business.
The role gives specialist expertise to support the delivery of the business plan by ensuring Total Equipment Strategies (TES) and Asset Level Strategies are reviewed and improvement opportunities identified and implemented through:
- Leading and implementing improvement initiatives that optimise maintenance cost and equipment reliability to support the business plan.
- Engaging with the Operations, Supply, Finance and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to optimise maintenance performance.
- Optimising TES and Asset Level Strategies by working with Planning, Data Analytics, Defect Elimination and Execution sub-functions in order to keep relevant, efficient and accurate.
- Approve Master Data Strategy (MD) changes and ensures the integrity of the TES and Asset Level Strategies are maintained.
- Manages business wide product problems directly with the OEMs to ensure solutions are identified and implemented throughout the business.
We are seeking applicants that have in depth, practical experience in mobile mining equipment including but not limited to trucks, dozers, loaders, graders, draglines and excavators.
You will have a proven background in reliability analytics and defect elimination. You will possess excellent communication skills and strong stakeholder capabilities. It is essential that you are a team player who promotes and supports workplace diversity. You will have a focus on continuous improvement and be passionate about delivering extraordinary results.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. At BHP, we will provide you an environment to:
- be autonomous and support (you) to use initiative;
- work flexibly with a focus on outcomes, not hours;
- problem-solve collaboratively together;
- activate your improvement mindset, experimentation and agile learning.
- provide dedicated leadership and female mentoring programs;
- 18 weeks paid parental leave;