At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
In this site based role, you will safely execute the daily operations plan for Jimblebar Mine Site while optimising the utilisation of the autonomous truck fleet. Collaborate and communicate with onsite teams to coordinate and schedule mining related activities. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Use established systems to recognise and control at risk behaviours and situations and effectively support personnel and equipment interaction
- Manage autonomous fleet efficiently
- Maximize compliance to operational plan by optimizing the truck activities within multiple work areas
- Monitor performance of equipment and compliance with mine operating procedures
- Continuous improvement through identifying system and operational process improvements in the use of the autonomous fleet management system
- Liaise with site support teams to ensure truck availability is maximized
- Report any significant deviation from the daily operations plan to your direct supervisor
- Cultivate positive relationships through effective communication and consultation
- Ensure all incidents, breaches, near misses or hazards are reported to the Control Room Supervisor and conduct daily work area inspections
As the successful candidate, you will ideally possess the following:
- Previous Mine Control experience
- Experience with Autonomous technologies such as MineStar Fleet or MineStar Command highly regarded
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good at adapting to change and ability to work autonomously
- A great attitude towards learning and developing new skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience with managing multiple working streams concurrently
- Previous work history in process driven areas
- Commitment to continuous improvement with a track record of work completion
- Strong communication and relationship management with teams
- Advanced level of computing skills
- Minimum of C class manual drivers licence
You will be based at our ‘Jimblebar’ mine site on a fly-in fly-out 8 days on, 6 days off, 7 nights on, 7 nights off roster. Jimblebar is the first BHP fully automated mine site and is located 40kms North East of Newman, Western Australia. The outstanding facilities at Warrawandu FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, golf driving nets, outdoor cinema, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court; beach volleyball court, games room, music room and TV lounge. All rooms at the village have access to 3G wireless internet and Skype, an ensuite bathroom, flat screen television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.