At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Our Mining Area C mine site are seeking an Auto Electrical Technician to join the MEM Ancillary Execution team, flying in and out from Perth on 2 weeks on 1 week off roster (includes night shift).
Our Area C mine is located approximately 100kms North West of Newman, West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court, beach volleyball court and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV and DVD player. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Ancillary Maintenance, some of your responsibilities may include:
- Auto electrical maintenance on CAT 793F, CAT 785C/D WT, 992K loaders KOMATSU WA1200 loaders, D10T dozers, 16M graders and other CAT ancillary equipment
- Following specific maintenance programs and carrying out inspections on equipment as required
- Execute work orders as per schedule and to a high standard
- Completing inspections and repairs as per the maintenance strategies
- Identifying and rectifying faults during inspections
- Creating 1SAP notifications for repair on fleet
- Scoping and creating 1SAP notifications for preventative work
- Initiate updates to work procedures to ensure they are accurate and relevant to equipment
- Assisting in implementation of 5S, safety improvement projects and standardized work
- Provide input into root cause analysis and subsequent resolution of issues affecting equipment reliability
- Ensure returns of unused or reparable materials are processed accurately
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor with rescheduling of work, organising and coordinating resources, scoping of work and determining priorities
- Take personal responsibility for helping the team achieve expected results by doing what is required and taking timely actions
- Undertake training on a regular basis and provide support and coaching to work mates Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and assist in the implementing of the new initiatives in a constructive way
- Executing tasks to a high standard and in a timely matter
For your application to be successful it is desirable that you possess some of the below skills and experiences:
- An auto electrical trade certificate or be close on completion
- Prior relevant experience on similar equipment
- Hold a current automotive refrigeration handling licence
- Hold a fork lift licence
- Sound diagnostic abilities
- Exposure to shift or FIFO work
- Computer Literacy (1SAP, CAT Minestar, SIS, Cummins Inline and My.Komatsu)
- Experience with CAT and Komatsu equipment
- An Australian manual C class driver’s licence, is a mandatory requirement.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.