|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Rheinmetall Defence Australia
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall Group, a global Defence and Automotive technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Weapons, Ammunition & Protection.
RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capability to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection, and sustainment.
About the Team
The RDA Protection Systems – Armour Shop is located within the MILVEHCOE facility in Redbank, Queensland. This workshop is responsible for the production of various protection elements including those used for the L400 Phase 2 Boxer Combat Reconnaissance Vehicle assembly process onsite at MILVEHCOE.
About the role
The Production Manager - Protection will manage all aspects of production in the Armour Shop including leading a production team and ensuring the delivery of a range of projects.
This role may have the opportunity to undertake a technology transfer to Germany for up to 6 months returning to Australia to the MILVEHCOE facility to complete the Armour Shop installation and commissioning.
As the Production Manager, you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Manage the end-to-end Armour Shop production processes.
- Manage the Armour shop workforce including daily face-to-face supervision, training, and performance management.
- Ensure Armour Shop machines are performing to plan using OEE and TQM techniques.
- Manage the set-up and maintenance of the Armour shop, machines, tools, and its equipment in accordance with WHS and RDA 5S requirements.
- Ensure completion of production orders and related systems during and upon completion of work including in the SAP S/4 Hana ERP.
- Utilise expert knowledge and experience of the Armour shop processes to guide and develop the staff and the process.
- Provide regular reports related to production completion, and other production metrics.
- Lead the team to complete the resolution of production problems encountered in carrying out tasks.
- Ensure the achievement of production KPI targets (eg. Ontime Delivery, cost) and actively participate with continuous improvement activities
- Maintain and develop high quality relationships with the international Rheinmetall production teams to share information and lessons learned;
What are we looking for?
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Respect, Trust and Openness. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- Bachelor of Materials Science or Materials Engineering or related post trade qualifications
- Additional post trade qualifications in frontline management or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a Composite Production environment.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in front line workshop management in the Composite
What's on offer?
- Working in a great team and with exciting products.
- Opportunity for career development and further training.
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community.
- Opportunity to work on major projects such as LAND 400.
- Attractive Remuneration package with salary sacrificing & novated leases.
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations.
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships.
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their families overall wellbeing.
Join an inclusive culture
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work successfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer.
If you are ready to take the next step, Apply Now!
Rheinmetall may use various recruitment and selection tools and techniques as part of our process, such as video interviewing, online assessments, face-to-face interviews and assessment centres.
The preferred candidate will be required to complete RDA’s background checks including pre-employment verification and national police checks.
Applications close: 22 January 2021
Please note that we will not be accepting any recruitment agency applications for this role.
For further information about this opportunity, please call Michael Bernard on 0438 833 043