|Location:||Canning Vale, Milton|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
LocationMilton (Corporate Office), Australia
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading supplier of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry, and our operations and organizations are spread around the globe. We offer you a world of opportunities and our diverse businesses and cross-border networks enable you to explore your potential and thrive.
The Rock Tools Contract Trainer develops and delivers training and expertise to the Rock Tools Technician (Operations Field Support) staff. Training and coaching on equipment utilisation, efficient and safe operating practices and assist in developing and maintaining training operator modules, procedures and Verification of Competency Documentation.
Areas of responsibility
- Mentor and influence to achieve best practice across all RTC operations.
- KPI’s set by Operations Manager
- Conducts one-on-one training on RTC operation (Procedure revisions and Verification of Competency Assessments)
- Function as a coordinator and coach to new employees.
- Champion the Buddy RT system.
- Devise technical training programs according to organizational requirements
- Produce training schedules and classroom agenda
- Determine course content according to objectives
- Prepare training material (presentations, worksheets etc.)
- Execute training sessions, webinars, workshops etc. in groups or individually
- Arrange for and conduct on-site training when needed
- Keep and report data on completed courses, absences, issues etc.
- Observe and evaluate results of training programs
- Determine overall effectiveness of programs and make improvements
- Perform equipment inspections and Task Observations (i.e. PTOs).
To perform in this role, you will require a minimum of 5 years’ experience with operating or operational understanding of mining equipment in the mining industry. You will be experienced in developing and delivering training packages and courses, and comfortable with hands on training on drilling equipment. You will also have a thorough understanding of mining operations. You are happy to travel interstate to various mine sites, and able to communicate with stakeholders at various levels. Ideally you have, are working towards or willing to undertake training to obtain a Cert IV Training & Assessment and excellent leadership qualities.
What we offer
- Additional superannuation contribution (2.5% above the superannuation guarantee)
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, a company-wide bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Our Company and Culture
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ button, or access the Sandvik website home.sandvik/careers
Applications close: 23 January 2021 or sooner if the right applicant is found
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and sustainability. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry and rock excavation within the construction industry; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2019, the Group had approximately 40,000 employees and revenues of about 100 billion SEK in more than 160 countries within continuing operations.