South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Worsley Alumina is one of the largest and lowest-cost bauxite mining and alumina refining operations in the world. Worsley manages a bauxite mine, alumina refinery and port operations in Western Australia’s South West.
This role will be based at our Worsley Refinery, where our employees choose to live in the Bunbury, Collie or other nearby communities which all offer an enviable country lifestyle. Surrounded by magnificent jarrah forests, pristine beaches and world famous wineries, this is an opportunity too good to miss.
Reporting to the Superintendent Engineering Stewardship, the purpose of this role is to maintain the integrity of the Worsley Alumina Blueprint by providing specialised electrical power, instrumentation and control engineering technical expertise to the Operation and managing modifications and project tasks in accordance with relevant processes, standards and performance targets for HSEC, quality and cost.
Additionally, you will:
- Provide electrical, instrumentation and control engineering expertise and consultative support for the Operation and ensure:
- Review and action of engineering change management requests associated with modifications and projects.
- Provision of relevant technical knowledge and input for the development of projects.
- Provision of relevant technical knowledge and support to the Maintenance Analysis & Improvement and Process Technical teams.
- Any Engineering services provided to the Operation meet relevant standards and are aligned to designed/agreed operating principles.
- Develop and maintain asset management plans for critical electrical, instrumentation and control equipment across the entire South32 Worsley Alumina operation.
- Assist with the development of maintenance strategies for new equipment.
- Ensure compliance to relevant processes and standards, statutory legislation, Fatal Risk Controls, and Industry, Australian or Government Standards.
- Ensure content of technical documentation for the electrical, instrumentation and control discipline reflects the “as built” condition as per authorised modifications and changes.
- Verify engineering contractors adhere to work standards and understand the purpose and functionality of critical controls relevant to their work.
- Promote discipline in engineering work, ensure quality of completed tasks and enhance technical knowledge of team members and other Engineering employees in regard to the electrical discipline.
- Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Mechatronic Engineering
- Technical competencies:
- Understanding of industrial control systems and instrumentation in the context of a process plant
- A good appreciation of functional safety
- A strong understanding of electrical isolation practice
- Project engineering
- Plant commissioning activities
- The ability to build relationships and work collaboratively to deliver great outcomes
What We Offer You
- Offered as a full-time permanent opportunity working on the continuous shift roster, days and nights
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
Applications close on Friday the 5th of February.