|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Rail a leading name in the manufacturing and maintenance of rolling stock across Australia has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Delivery Manager to join our team in VIC - Pakenham.
This is a full time permanent opportunity and you will be part of a dedicated team working on Victoria’s new High Capacity Metro Trains. (HCMT)
The HCMT project is a Victorian Government initiative and a $2.3 billion investment in Victoria’s rolling stock industry.
As the Maintenance Delivery Manager, this role will be responsible for planning, overseeing and leading a team that will deliver all aspects of maintenance activities for the HCMT fleet. Working a 24/7 roster, this position will provide frontline planning, technical supervision and support to the multi-skilled workforce in ensuring preventative maintenance, fault analysis and relevant rectification work is carried out to the correct standards and time frames to meet HCMT contractual requirements.
- Trade or tertiary qualifications in engineering or related disciplines.
- Significant experience in a rolling stock maintenance / operational environment.
- Significant leadership experience, driving a high performing accountable workforce.
- Proven experience in the maintenance planning and management of work schedules and working to deadlines to meet contractual fleet availability.
- Demonstrable application of LEAN methodologies within a maintenance environment.
- Ability to create innovative solutions to problems, implement change and lead quality and zero harm initiatives.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques and how to drive it.
- Ability to develop, nurture and maintain sound relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to actively listen and resolve conflict as well as support and encourage and motivate employees.
- Highly effective communication style teamed with strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated leadership that strives towards the commitment to Zero Harm.
What we offer
- A chance to be part of a high performing team.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the APPLY NOW button. For more information about this position please contact Glenda Chaffey - Talent & Sourcing Business Partner. Email - Glenda.Chaffey@downergroup.com
Please note applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medical and on-going drug and alcohol screening
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply.