|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our Transport Services business is a market leader, shaping and influencing the future of New Zealand’s infrastructure. Incorporating more than 2,500 employees, this business covers a diverse range of services including operations and maintenance of road, rail, port and airport infrastructure, material production and manufacturing, technical services, leading research and development facilities and a large asset base including fixed and mobile assets, with revenues exceeding $800m annually.
A fantastic opportunity has come up for an experienced Maintenance Contract Manager to join our team based in Taranaki. Best part about this role is having the opportunity to make a difference to your community and being able to look back at all the parts of the region you have helped shape. You’ll be a motivated, all-round team player working within the Taranaki Network Outcomes Contract (TNOC) across the greater Taranaki region.
What’s in it for you
You can make this role your own and lead and mentor a fantastic team of professionals! Show off your skills and expertise to really make a difference within a progressive team environment.
Other benefits include:
- Excellent opportunities for career growth and development through our internal external training programmes
- A supportive and collaborative team with the opportunity to be mentored by industry experts
- A competitive remuneration package including a company vehicle
About the role
Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will be developing and creating the best go-to civil maintenance crews in the region. You will be involved in programming and delivery of the maintenance contracts with New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA) and their stakeholders ensuring successful outcomes are delivered to the contract requirements and maximisation of our commercial and financial results. You will also:
- Provide solid leadership and be responsible for the management and growth of the NOC team
- Develop and implement best practice initiatives to improve performance, efficiency and delivery
- Make sound decisions, build strong relationships and deliver excellent customer service to NZTA and their stakeholders
- Manage the financial outcomes of the contract and develop a culture of astute financial acumen
You’ll be a strong leader and an influencer with proven experience in motivating your team and driving them to success. You will have experience managing multiple projects from start to finish with your team. Along with this, you will also:
- Hold a tertiary qualification or equivalent in Engineering
- Have at least 7 years’ proven Project/Contract Management experience with at least 5 years’ experience in Civil Engineering field. Road Maintenance experience would be preferrable
- Bring strong commercial & business acumen - ability to read, understand and ensure contract specifications and contract requirements are fully implemented (RAMM and NZ3910 preferably)
- Have proven history in developing a culture of both Zero Harm and one Team
Coming into this role would help enable you to develop and enhance your skills and would be a great opportunity for you to join our culturally diverse and inclusive organisation.
Don’t miss the chance to become a key part of our expert team, if you are ready for your next challenge, we want to hear from you! To apply please go to www.downercareers.co.nz using job reference number 575715 .
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.