|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
With major infrastructure maintenance contracts recently secured, we have forward workload and so we are looking for you to come join our crew and help us make a difference in this exciting opportunity as a Network Inspector in Napier.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive and rewarding pay rate
- Full time hours (minimum 40 hours per week)
- Excellent opportunities for training and career progression to those who work hard and demonstrate willingness to learn as we have both internal & external programmes available
- A fun, welcoming team working in a positive atmosphere.
About the role:
As a Network Inspector with us, you’ll be the eyes and ears of the network for Napier.
This means you’ll be responsible for identifying and logging defects of network assets. You’ll also assist in preparing the maintenance programmes and provide support to our Maintenance team.
On a day-to-day basis you will be:
- Inspect road corridor assets, record all faults defects and propose suitable solutions
- Ensure all operations meet Health & Safety requirements.
- Identify risks and make corrective actions where required
- Audit completed work by own crews and third party contractors with a focus on quality
- Assist in the development of maintenance programmes
- Ensure project operations achieve a superior level of safety performance
- Provide support to field staff on field programming tools such as Pocket RAMM.
Along with your positive attitude and your motivation to make a difference in the community there are a few essentials, but don’t stress too much if you don’t tick them all off, we are prepared to train you:
- A full Class 1 New Zealand drivers licence with the ability to operate a manual vehicle
- Ideally you will have experience in road maintenance or a similar field
- Clear communication skills with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders.
In this role, you will be able to achieve results daily!
If this sounds like you? Do not delay! Seize the opportunity to secure your future with Downer APPLY NOW!
Visit www.downercareers.co.nz and enter 575589 into the keyword search.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol-free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible. Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.