|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our Transport Services business is a market leader, shaping and influencing the future of New Zealand’s infrastructure. Incorporating more than 2,500 employees, this business covers a diverse range of services including operations and maintenance of road, rail, port and airport infrastructure, material production and manufacturing, technical services, leading research and development facilities and a large asset base including fixed and mobile assets, with revenues exceeding $800m annually.
We’re searching for an OUTSTANDING organisational customer focussed Traffic Services Manager to join us is our Gisborne team. Based in the area of Gisborne, this is an exciting opportunity to take your career to the next level.
You’ll lead our Traffic Services team for Gisborne and reporting directly to our Regional Manager. You’ll have oversight of all operational delivery of our Traffic Management, winter maintenance, stock control and emergency event management within the Gisborne region, including the management of key supply partners associated with these works.
Using your strong leadership and mentoring skills, you’ll provide our local team with guidance, support and ensure all work is completed to the satisfaction of our customers both externally and internally.
About the role
A key focus for you will be around growing this team from the ground up and bringing them all together under one banner to ensure the delivery of profitable growth across all business in the area. This is a chance to make your mark with your growth mind set and ability to challenge the ‘status quo’.
You’ll also be responsible for:
- Daily management of employees including recruitment, training and welfare
- Manage the allocation of plant, technology and resources to maximise utilisation and reduce costs.
- Promoting strong collaborative customer relationships with positive interactions and value adding activities
- Ensuring sound financial and business practices are applied to all Traffic Management and Road marking services
You will draw on your collaborative approach to working within and across multi-functional teams from different parts of the business to ensure the regional success.
As an experienced leader, you’ll bring with you the following:
- A proven track record in developing a culture that supports Zero Harm, encouraging and rewarding excellence
- The ability to deal with unexpected events/make decisions and provide direction to work teams
- Organized and systematic approach to working environment; strong planning skills
- Experienced working for both private and public sector clients
- Able to apply risk and assurance strategies to ensure that the business is sustainable and commercially robust
We are growing our business through delivering consistent service, excellence and results and through developing inspirational leadership with our people and customers.
This role isn’t for the feint hearted, but the rewards are there for the reaping.
How to apply
If this role appeals to you and you tick most of the criteria above, then don't delay, we'd love to hear from you today! Apply via www.downercareers.co.nz and search using job number 575258
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.