|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
The Transport Services division here at Downer has a great track record for delivering high standards of work across the Hawkes Bay. We are looking for a reliable and motivated individual interested in becoming part of our crew as a Class 5, Truck Driver Operator. If you are looking for a hands on role where you spend your days outdoors in our beautiful district, then we want to hear from you!
About the job:
You will be operating our truck and trailers to transport equipment and cart materials to and from our sites and loading out materials on the digger. Working within the Hastings based Construction team, you will be responsible for all in-transit load security of all plant and machinery and must meet all transport industry regulatory compliance. You will also ensure all deadline and quality targets are met while maintaining highest level safety standards.
Along with a positive attitude and your commitment to safe worksite practises, you will have a proven ability to ensure proper care, maintenance and operation of appropriate plant and equipment. You will also have:
- Class 5 Full New Zealand driver’s licence essential
- Wheels, Tracks & Rollers (WTR) preferred
- Experience in transporting, loading and unloading machinery
- Ability to work hands-on and unsupervised as well as within a team
- Experience operating in the civil construction industry (desirable)
Benefits with Downer:
- Stable working environment with a reliable company
- Tools of trade including Uniform and PPE gear provided
- Full Time hours guaranteed – minimum 40 hours per week with paid over time
- Extensive training and development opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career
- Join a highly motivated and supportive team.
How to apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz, enter reference number 575256 and click “Apply Now” to register your interest.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.