|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our Transport Services business is a market leader, shaping and influencing the future of New Zealand’s infrastructure. Incorporating more than 2,500 employees, this business covers a diverse range of services including operations and maintenance of road, rail, port and airport infrastructure, material production and manufacturing, technical services, leading research and development facilities and a large asset base including fixed and mobile assets, with revenues exceeding $800m annually.
As our Surfacing Manager – Wellington region you will be based in Wellington and have the opportunity to affect real change!
You will be capable of providing strong management of specific operations, delivering on contract requirements, optimizing resource use and achieving target results. You will also develop and implement plans and procedures to ensure the profitable and viable growth of all Contracts as well as achieving business plans promises, return on assets and cash requirements.
About the role
As our Surfacing Manager you will manage our plans and direct operations to achieve requirements across our Wellington region. Day to day you will:
- Provide commercial reviews to optimise performance
- Analyse contract performance
- Induct and train new team members and be the go to for people management
- Build up our client relationships
- Demonstrate sound technical capability in the specific area of surfacing and chip seal related products, specifications and industry requirements
You’ll need to have preferably 5 years managing surfacing contracts (both long and short term) and you’ll have:
- A tertiary qualification, ideally in Business Management or Civil Engineering
- Extensive experience in road surfacing operations and managing crews
- Proven experience at delivering results in a commercially competitive environment where a focus on service and operational excellence is paramount
- Proven experience of HSE/QA in a commercial environment
- Understanding of financial and accounting processes, to include preparation of progress and claim reports and producing and interpreting monthly financial reports to P&L level.
Ultimately you will be a natural leader with a focus on customer relations to ensure the success of the contract. If you are an experienced Contract Engineer looking for that next step or an experienced Contract Manager wanting some stability, then this could be the right role for you!
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
How to apply
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz reference 575234.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.