|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer is one of the largest road infrastructure services businesses in New Zealand, maintaining over 32,000km of roading in New Zealand. We work hard and are proud of what we do – maintenance and repair of roads across the North Island.
The Downer team in New Plymouth are currently looking for a Road Maintenance Worker (SH Patrol person) to join our close knit team.
What we offer:
- Stability offered with minimum of 40 hours guaranteed
- Competitive hourly rate plus overtime rates
- Extensive training and development opportunities
This is a fantastic opportunity for a self-starter who truly embraces training and development. On offer is a supportive team environment and excellent prospects for career growth within the successful Downer team.
About the role:
You’ll be responsible for undertaking programmed inspections of State Highways carrying out routine and emergency maintenance for the safety of the public.
This role will be required to do:
- Pothole repairs
- Edge marker post replacement
- Roadside rubbish collection
- Attending motor vehicle accidents
- Sign maintenance
- Repairs and vegetation recording sealed pavement faults.
- Low shoulder and edge break repairs
- Other General Patrol person duties
You will be responsible for entering and closing off jobs in the JMS (RAMM) so a level of computer literacy is required.
- Preferable to have previous experience in road maintenance, if not we are prepared to train you
- Basic computer and phone literacy
- Must be able to work unsupervised, must have initiative and good decision making skills
- Reasonable level of fitness
- Minimum class 2 license required
How to apply:
If this sounds like you? Do not delay! Seize the opportunity to secure your future with Downer APPLY NOW!
Visit www.downercareers.co.nz and enter 575196 into the keyword search.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture. Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so do not delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles; to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application would not be considered.