|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our Transport Services business is a market leader, shaping and influencing the future of New Zealand’s infrastructure. Incorporating more than 2,500 employees, this business covers a diverse range of services including operations and maintenance of road, rail, port and airport infrastructure, material production and manufacturing, technical services, leading research and development facilities and a large asset base including fixed and mobile assets, with revenues exceeding $800m annually.
We are looking for an experienced Contract Engineer to join our Timaru Maintenance team. You will work with our wider management team and will be responsible for overall delivery of maintenance projects within the region including optimising resource use and achieving target results. This is a great role for a driven individual looking to make their mark!
About the role:
You will be tasked with a variety of duties in your role from providing your expertise on a range of projects varying from NZTA to Private Developer contracts. This is a hands-on role where you will work closely with other construction/maintenance teams. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the production of project methodology, budgets and programs for maintenance activities as required
- Working with estimators on target cost estimates for planned works and variations
- Working with the Operations Manager and frontline leadership team to determine project methodologies and delivery plans. Review and adjust as necessary to reflect appropriate delivery
- Administering and supporting the work pack (job planning) process
- Assisting with the preparation and maintenance of annual baseline programmes
You’ll need to have proven successful contract/project management experience ideally with Road Maintenance, and/or Construction exposure and you’ll also have a:
- Tertiary qualification, preferably in Business Management or Civil Engineering
- Strong track record of positive leadership behaviours that empower others
- Natural affinity for creating and delivering a strong customer focus culture, and a collaborative approach to develop client relationships
- Proven track record in developing a culture that supports Health and Safety management, encouraging and rewarding excellence.
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
How to apply
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz reference 574772.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.