|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
The Dunedin Civil Construction Team have many upcoming and exciting projects to deliver in the Dunedin Area. We have now secured a 6-year Three Waters Renewals contract in our city and we are now looking for energetic and motivated individuals who are interested in becoming a part of our Three Waters team.
If you are an experienced Civil Pipeline installer that is working towards or holds a Drain laying or Water reticulation qualification then we want meet you to discuss our exiting career opportunities.
So what do we offer?
- Stable working environment with secure long term workload
- Full time hours guaranteed – minimum 80 hours per fortnight
- A real focus on a safe working environment including personal protective equipment’s being provided
- Extensive training and development opportunities to help enhance your skills and advance your career – this is just the start!
About the role:
You’ll be based in Dunedin where you will be working on our newly secured contract to renew foul, stormwater and potable water pipelines.
The duties include assisting the team with our 3 Waters reticulation renewals including civil pipe laying, drain laying work and operating machinery such as excavators or trucks.
If you have the commitment and the willingness to work on this exciting opportunity then we would like to hear from you!
Along with your dedication towards work and your commitment to safe workplace practises there are a few essentials, such as:
- A minimum Class 1 – Full New Zealand Drivers Licence and Class 2 would be beneficial
- A proven track record of working in 3 Waters is preferred
- Experience in operating a variety of civil machinery although we are prepared to train you
- Work well in a team environment, but can work well alone when required
- Be honest, reliable and hard working.
If you have a positive attitude towards work and are adaptive by nature, this role may suit you. You should be able to concentrate on performing your assigned tasks and commit to safety rules in place. You should also have good decision-making skills, remember the company’s health & safety guidelines while performing any task and have the ability to get the job done.
How to apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 574629 to apply or head in to our local office with your updated resume and fill in an application form.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible. Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.