South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager of Business Intelligence and Analytics, in this role you will be accountable for leading South32's Global Business Intelligence & Analytics programs supporting South32 to transform data into actionable insight that improves business decision-making, productivity and performance. This role forms a critical global capability to support South32’s value-driven approach to Innovation, Improvement and Technology.
You will contribute to the successful and timely delivery of analytics initiatives and projects and ensure adherence to established methodologies, processes and standards. A key part to this role is to engage with the key stakeholders of the Corporate Functions and Operations to build a deep understanding of their strategies and value drivers.
You will maintain a close working relationship between Technical groups, the Corporate Functions, Operations and external partners and providers to understand how data, innovation and evolving technologies can be leveraged to add value to South32.
- Partnering with internal and external stakeholders to design, implement and run business intelligence and analytics capability building programs across the operations and functions
- Support the Manager Business Intelligence & Analytics to ensure the development and the ongoing management of resource management processes and practices that encourage, support and promote internal representation on projects and improvement initiatives.
- Recommend process, service, and technology improvements to assist the Corporate Functions and Operations to achieve their business objectives.
- Provide input into South32’s broader Data strategy, data management and data infrastructure frameworks
- Play an active role in helping to develop the South32 Business Intelligence Strategy in concert with the Manager of Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Help to refine the suite of South32 performance management measures and their calculation
This position will be based at our head office in the heart of the Perth CBD with state-of-the-art facilities that include secure bicycle parking, lockers and showers.
- Relevant tertiary degree, equivalent work experience or specialised training
- Knowledge and experience in the domain of the corporate functions and operations pursuant to the role
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality analysis and documentation that concisely captures requirements
- Well-rounded understanding of technology and key functional and operational business processes
- Ability to understand what creates value, leading and lagging performance indicators and data sets to influence results
- Direct work experience in Analytics (Data Engineering, Visualisation, Reporting, Data Modelling)
- Experience in the Mining sector is desired, but not mandatory
- Competitive salaries
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.