|Job Type:||Full Time|
The more informed we are about what is happening on our roads, and within the functional areas that support them, the better we can plan for the future. Due to steady growth and an evolving complex finance function, we have recently adapted our operating model to equip us for the next phase.
We are currently seeking a talented Financial Accountant to join the Reporting, Forecasting & Analytics team. Over the course of the year, you will gain exposure to a range of accounting tasks across the group - such as preparation of standard reports and analysis, free cash, statutory financial statements and management reports. By collaborating with the various stakeholders, you will have true insight across the business and will be able to drive key outcomes.
The impact you'll have:
- You'll assist in the preparation of Group and subsidiary entities' financial statements, including playing a supporting role in the preparation of the Group's financial results
- You'll prepare half year and year end deliverables, including statutory reporting inputs that are included in the Investor Presentation and board/ committee papers etc
- You'll develop a greater level of technical accounting knowledge across the broader Transurban Accounting Group
- You'll provide support during the audit process, providing key information to resolve any queries
- You'll also get involved in ad-hoc project work that impact the wider team in areas such as system integration, process improvement or transformation
The talents you'll bring:
- You'll have relevant accounting experience and could be making your first move from Chartered (Big4 or Mid-tier, audit), or making a move from industry. Either way, you would have ideally had experience within a complex and corporate environment
- Degree qualified in Business, Commerce or Finance, you'll also have (or close to completing) your professional accounting accreditation (such as CA or CPA)
- You're naturally analytical and your strong financial reporting knowledge and skills aid your ability to identify and analyse key business drivers
- Comfortable with change, you are open minded and able to adapt to new situations with ease
- Systems savvy, you'll have had experience using large ERP systems (Workday knowledge would be an advantage!), as well as intermediate Excel skills
- You're eager to learn and hone your accounting knowledge within an exciting and supportive finance team
- You'll possess high levels of attention to detail, and focussed on producing quality outcomes
- Your excellent written and verbal communication skills will assist you in engaging and creating strong working relationships across the business
Transurban is driven by bringing people and places closer. The roads we plan, build, operate and maintain make communities stronger, across Australia and beyond. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they're going. And we're doing it faster, smarter and safer, every last one of us.
Transurban is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Start changing the world around you. Click Apply now.