- Ensure data governance frameworks and standards are documented and implemented
- Assist in fostering a data driven culture
- Melbourne based
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
Reporting to the Technology Head of Data Services the role of Data Governance Manager will ensure the company maintains effective governance over its data assets, including ensuring we comply with applicable legislation, regulatory requirements, internal policies and other standards we apply to our use of data.
This role is a 12 month limited term opportunity and is specifically to drive and implement data strategy and governance frameworks at the enterprise level. The role will also be required to work in partnership with the different data and analytics teams in IT and business and across projects and initiatives to ensure alignment of data activities. As part of your role you will:
- Manage Data Governance in the enterprise and improve data governance, data quality and master data practices
- Act as SME for Data Governance processes, frameworks, standards and architectures
- Ensure Data practices integrate into overall data architectures and data management principles (e.g. data governance, data security, metadata, data quality)
- Act as the key advisory and engagement contact for nominated business areas or projects.
- Engage and educate key stakeholders as well as technical and operational teams across the business on data governance processes and procedures
- Run governance forums and work with stakeholders across the business
- Support the Technology Head of Data (Service Owner) in strategic planning and road mapping
IS THIS YOU?
You’ll need to be an excellent communicator and possess strong relationship building and stakeholder engagement skills. You will be degree qualified in IT, Information Management, Computer Science or a related field. You will have, or can show through your work history:
- 5 + years of experience working in data governance role
- Extensive experience with data management practices and data governance frameworks
- Previous experience leading, developing and executing upon a data governance strategy within a large organisation
- Experience working with master data, data migration and data quality assurance
- Experience in stakeholder management
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of AWS and other Cloud technologies
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin’s Future Energy and Business Developmentteam is shaping tomorrow’s future energy innovations. We’re investing in new energy solutions; partnering with global start-ups and trialing new technology and business models. We also play a critical role in supporting our operations through world class application and infrastructure. We’re driven to lead the transition into a low carbon, technology-enabled world which embraces a more decentralised and digital future.
That’s why we need passionate, curious and customer focused people, who are excited by the challenge of finding new ways of working, new ways of delivering and shaping a new energy future.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
For more information contact: Iain Pratt - 03 8665 7325, quote Requisition ID 77672
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.careers.originenergy.com.au