|Location:||Geraldton, Perth, Rothsay|
WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world-leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources and energy sectors. As part of this team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost-effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed our client’s expectations.
Downer Mining is currently seeking experienced Crane Operator/Trades Assistant to join the Downer team at Karara on a 2:1 roster.
As Crane Operator/Trades Assistant you will play an integral role within the Maintenance team, ensuring all tasks are completed to the highest standard and in line with company and client policies and procedures. Duties include:
- Carry out crane lifts utilising MACK25 Franna in a safe and productive manner
- Operate IT's and LF
- General Housekeeping which includes workshop and fleet
- Component cleanups
- Escort Freight Trucks on and off site
- Complete all documentation in a timely and eligible manner
- Complete Tray Relines
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Hold a valid HR Licence - Essential
- Hold a Crane Ticket (CN - Minimal) - Essential
- Advanced Rigging Ticket (RA) - Essential
- WAH and EWP - Essential
- Previous exposure to heavy earth moving environment would be advantageous
- Self-motivation, with strong communication skills and with the ability to manage your own time and work unsupervised
- Ability to perform as part of a team
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- The benefits of secure, full time employment including leave entitlements, superannuation and numerous financial, lifestyle, health and well-being benefits including salary sacrifice flights, novated leasing, discounts and support programs.
- Set career progression opportunities through various training and mentoring programs
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people with an overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading-edge business with operations throughout WA
At Downer we are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability. Our values, strategy and direction are clear, and we are committed to Zero Harm and to the career development of our people.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with your current resume to this application or contact Melanie Greenfield directly on (08) 6212 9523 to discuss this vacancy further.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.