|Job Type:||Full Time|
The largest surface shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history is now underway in Australia.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Training Practitioner in our BAE Systems Maritime Australia team based in either Melbourne or Adelaide.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
The Training Practitioner is accountable for the development and delivery of project specific training requirements and ensuring that training products meet all requirements, including safety and regulatory requirements.
The Training Practitioner may also be tasked with providing leadership to small teams and providing mentoring to other team members.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing project specific training documentation and ensuring that the products meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements
- Ensuring the delivery of quality training products
- Undertake the validation of the design including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports
- Ensuring that the annual PDR process is completed in line with required timeframes
- Providing report on the status and progress of assigned work packages to the Training Lead 2 or HCF ILS Training Manager as required
- Conducting peer reviews of all training products for accuracy and quality
- Ensuring consistency in the development of training products produced
- Utilising training tools and templates to produce high quality training products
- Providing input into continuous improvement initiatives
- Providing input into the development of training processes and plans
- Preparing training products for delivery in accordance with the schedule
- Working collaboratively with the other disciplines to ensure data is available to meet the requirements of the contract
- Effectively communicating with all stakeholder groups (incl External Customer forums where approved), raising issues with relevant stakeholders in an objective, professional and timely manner
- In the absence of the Training Lead, acting as the Training Leads representative at meetings or similar situations as directed
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Previous Australian Naval experience within the technical training design, development and delivery domain (highly desirable)
- Previous demonstrated experience in an Instructional Design capacity (highly desirable)
- Previous experience with the application of ADDIE & SADL methodology to Training solutions (desirable)
- Subject matter expertise in technical areas such as Communications, Combat Systems and Electrical Engineering (essential)
- Demonstrated experience in a defence related industry (highly desirable)
- Diploma in Vocational Education and Training and/or Training Design & Development (desirable)
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment (essential)
- Subject Matter expertise in areas such as Communication & Combat Systems Operations, Electrical Systems Maintenance or Bosuns Mate (essential)
- Ability to meet defence security requirements, applicants must be Australian citizens and meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirements (essential)
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems Maritime Australia (formerly known as ASC Shipbuilding), has been contracted to deliver nine of the world's most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At BAE Systems Maritime Australia we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.