|Job Type:||Full Time|
Engineer Civil /Geotechnical – Perth Operations Centre
- Join an organisation where the culture is inclusive, exciting and performance driven
- Build a rich and rewarding career with a global mining organisation
- Be an integral part of a small team with a rapidly expanding portfolio of work – based at the Operations Centre
About the role
We are currently looking for an Engineer Civil/ Geotechnicalto join our Asset Management & Engineering Services (AMES) team based in our Perth Operations Centre. With a specific focus on fixed plant civil assets,this role will be responsible for the development of maintenance strategies of civil assets and providing civil engineering support to project, site and central teams ensuring associated risks are managed accordingly.
This role is a great opportunity to improve the design and management of civil assets throughout Rio Tinto iron ore; and through the development of maintenance strategies, ensure the safety of personnel is preserved and the production risk minimised.
Reporting to the Specialist Civil/ Geotechnical Engineer, you will:
- Assist with the management of civil/geotechnical assets including reinforced earth structures, retaining walls, reinforced rock slopes, foundations and engineered embankments
- Complete risk assessments for civil/geotechnical assets
- Assist site personnel with investigation into issues associated with civil/geotechnical assets
- Complete designs of minor civil/geotechnical assets
- Develop scope of work documents for consultant engagement and manage consultants
- Review designs and reports produced by external consultants
With tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or Engineering Geology, you will have prior experience in the investigation, design and construction of civil assets. You will be competent in applying a risk-based approach to asset management and have experience with the development of whole of life asset plans.
Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, along with the ability to positively influence others will further ensure your success in this role. A ‘C’ class drivers licence will also be required.
Where you will be working
Our state-of-the-art Operations Centre (OC) located near the Perth domestic airport, is a key component of our Mine of the Future™ vision. The OC control room operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to coordinate our integrated network of mines, rail, power and ports. It enables all our mines, ports and rail systems to be operated from a single location, optimising site activities from 1,500km away.
What’s on offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive employee share scheme, extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options, and exclusive employee discount schemes
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Watch for more information about our Pioneering business:https://youtu.be/XPZQJ34-84w
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
Applications close onFriday 15th January 2021 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)