|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/culture
Microsoft continues to invest over $1B per year in cybersecurity and research, to provide its customers with the solutions to confidently move to the cloud and modernize their platforms by delivering the security and compliance solutions, expertise and services needed to keep their data safe.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced and credible Information Protection and Compliance professional to join our global team of Technical Specialists. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and provide resources and support to everyone on our team.
As an Information Protection and Compliance Technical Specialist, your primary goal is to convince customers to choose and use our range of compliance-focused solutions including Information Protection and Data Loss Prevention, Insider Risk Management as well as E-Discovery and Audit solutions.
As a Technical Specialist focused upon compliance, you will work within a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to help educate your customers at a technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, and win the technical decision allowing the team to achieve/exceed quarterly Microsoft 365 and Azure sales/usage targets in your accounts. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep technical expertise across Microsoft and non-Microsoft cloud-based information protection and compliance solutions, architectures, programs and technologies.
As an Information Protection and Compliance Technical Specialist, you will:
Be the subject matter expert for compliance within your account teams.
- Deliver proof of Microsoft’s technology solutions to customers and secure their agreement our solutions meet the success criteria for their information protection and compliance needs.
- Lead technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, proof of concepts, and pilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest customers the capabilities of Microsoft's products and services, and how we can make their businesses more successful.
- Raise clear technical, competitive and compliance blockers to accelerate Microsoft Information Protection and Compliance sales and customer usage.
- Own winning the technical decision at customers for sales opportunities and usage scenarios, through tailoring your message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show our technology differentiation, and guiding them in decision-making.
Orchestrate a variety of technical resources externally and internally.
- Share practical knowledge with external partners to drive the sale, deployment, and adoption of Microsoft solutions.
- Shape current and future products, marketing strategies, and customer centricity ideas through your feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering.
- Collaborate with internal partners at Microsoft, as well as use of our core tools, to extend your reach and the reach of your team, to address key customer needs.
Stay sharp, share your knowledge, and learn practices from others.
- Continuously nurture and grow your technical, sales, professional skills, and competitive readiness.
- Participate in Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, training, and articles for your domain.
- Microsoft encourages thought leadership and leadership from every employee.
Who We Are Looking For
- Proven experience with information and data protection technologies (including encryption, key management, data loss prevention) as well as architectures and programs for Governance, Risk and Compliance such as Insider Risk Management and eDiscovery.
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory compliance and related assessments/certifications for cloud and hybrid solutions.
- Practical enterprise customer experience with configuration and implementation of Microsoft or other compliance solutions as well as competitive product knowledge (e.g., Symantec, Proofpoint, Digital Guardian, Titus, Boldon James).
- Successful engagements with Chief Legal Officers, Compliance Offices, Data Protection Officers at well as CIOs and other external stakeholders with product demonstrations, quality proof of concepts and readiness trainings.
- Passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing, and learning from both successes and failures; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit.
- Excellent time management skills, and work with high levels of autonomy and self-direction.
- Highly competitive, ramp quickly, extremely adaptive, and pride yourself on exceeding production goals.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.