|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Exciting Internal Audit role that can be based in either Brisbane or Sydney
- Suits an experienced technical auditor who is looking for a new challenge to start off 2021!
Join one of Australia's top 100 listed companies where we are passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community and where we support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
About the Role
Working within BoQ's Internal Audit department you will assist the Board (via the Audit Committee), and Management in discharging their corporate governance responsibilities by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. The Vision of the BoQ Internal Audit function is to provide high quality, independent assurance and consulting services that add value and improve BoQ Groups operations where we are currently looking for an Internal Audit Manager, Technology Operations and Projects to join our wider Internal Audit team.
As an Internal Audit Manager you will be responsible for planning and undertaking individual audits or assignments of BoQ operations as and when allocated by the Head of Group Assurance or Senior Manager Internal Audit. These reviews can be undertaken solely by the Internal Audit Manager or with the assistance of other auditors or external resources. The purpose of the position is to undertake audits in accordance with the Internal Audit methodology and The Institute of Internal Auditors Standards.
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will have skills, knowledge and experience in the relevant portfolio, including:
- Conduct audits in accordance with IIA Standards and Internal Audit Methodology
- Manage the performance of audit work or assignments conducted by other Auditors (where appropriate)
- Review colleague working papers as appropriate
- Complete audits in accordance with budgeted timescales
- Knowledge of financial services/Bank processes and practices
- In-depth knowledge of and application of Internal Audit Methodologies
- Risk review and analysis and internal control evaluation
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of legal and legislative requirements
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel and audit interrogation software
- Knowledge of banking products and characteristics
- Understanding of Operational, Credit, Market and Liquidity Risk
- Able to interact with Senior Management, external auditors and regulators
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Superior customer service focus both internal and external
- Superior decision-making skills
- High level of initiative
Please note, this role can be located from either Brisbane or Sydney.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.