Last updated an hour ago
|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Atlassian is looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join our Cloud FinOps team and build world-class planning models and processes that power business decisions throughout the organisation. Are you a forward-thinking, structured problem solver who is passionate about working with a wide variety of people from all parts of our business? This is an opportunity to enable a world-class cloud centre of excellence and drive how Atlassian's use cloud billing & utilisation data, application service metrics, to develop dashboards & data models to help make service cost management a data driven process.
You will have the opportunity to apply your background in data, analytics, and visualisation to give teams clear mentorship of how their production and spend has performed against their forecasts, identify unexpected anomalies, and help them plan their next steps to reduce waste and optimise spend. By being an ally with other organisations within the Atlassian you will help to evolve practices and supporting models to integrate them into the sources of truth used for Service Governance, Site Reliability, and Technical Education.
You will lead a problem end-to-end, so those skills will come in handy not just to collect, extract, and clean the data, but also to understand the systems that generated it, and automate your analyses and reporting. On an ongoing basis, you'll be responsible for improving the data by adding new sources, coding business rules, and producing new metrics that support the business. The requirements will be vague. Iterations will be rapid. You will need to be nimble and take smart risks.
On your first day, you will to have:
- At least 8 years of professional experience in BI development or in a similar role
- Excellent Expertise in SQL can independently mine data to translate Business data needs into creative visualisations
- Experience in developing, publishing and maintaining sophisticated reporting, analytics and dashboards using Tableau
- A BS in Computer Science or similar
- Enjoy working fast-paced environment redefining vague requirements into proven solutions.
- A willingness to accept failure, learn and try again
- An open mind to try solutions that may seem crazy at first
- Industry experience working with large datasets and reporting platforms and data visualisation.
We would love if you have:
- Experience manipulating data with languages like Python (Pandas, NumPy) and R.
- Experience in AWS Cost Optimisation, GCP or Azure (Usage Analysis, RI planning, Cost modelling, waste identification at Enterprise scale)
- Confidence building data pipelines using Spark and/or Hive
- Experience in implementing data ingestion pipelines using Databricks
More about the team:
- The FinOps team drives Atlassian’s pursuit of a lean cloud cost model through cost awareness and optimisation practices. We start this financial year with 3 goals:
- Give teams the knowledge they need to maintain an ongoing awareness of their financial footprint, and opportunities to reduce it.
- Unify the worlds of finance and engineering via a common language
- Optimise everything
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to email@example.com and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.