|Job Type:||Full Time|
Metallurgical coal is an essential ingredient in blast-furnace steel manufacture, producing steel used for critical building and infrastructure around the world. In Australia, we operate two open cut and three underground metallurgical coal mines in Queensland’s Bowen Basin, every year producing millions of tonnes of the highest quality hard coking coal for this purpose.
We are currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Superintendent to lead a team of tradespeople, in carrying out all aspects of mobile plant mechanical maintenance & repairs at our Dawson Mine in Moura, QLD.
Working within the mobile maintenance (HME) department, you will provide supervision, oversight and a safe working environment to the on-site maintenance team. You will ensure planned maintenance and servicing of site mobile equipment is carried out efficiently and safely using sound judgement, technical knowledge and your team management skills to meet the objective of maximising equipment reliability and standard of service.
Responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Manage the performance and availability of HME & ancillary fleets of equipment to achieve both operational and financial company objectives;
- Responsible for an operational or functional work stream and ensures team takes responsibility for their tasks
- Provides clarity and direction that supports the effective performance of several integrated operations or functions in terms of timing, budget and delivery options
- Attend daily site meetings to provide operational availability of all site equipment, upcoming planned events, collaborate closely with production depts. ; and manage, coach and mentor supervisors and maintenance crew personnel
Relevant Experience / Skills & Knowledge:
- Extensive experience working as a Maintenance Superintendent within an Open Cut mining environment and involvement with earthmoving machinery
- Demonstrated knowledge and proven experience in heavy earth moving equipment maintenance and repairs
- Demonstrated team management and leadership ability and experience;
- Strong HSET knowledge and adherence
- Good understanding of business and finance goals in conjunction with overall project requirements
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, organisational and planning skills; and
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Have extensive experience in Open Cut mining, in a same or similar role
- Strong credibility in working with and influencing a front line operational workforce
- Demonstrated capability in a progressive leadership role - moving beyond a compliance focus to leadership, effective safety systems and personal behaviours
- Strong understanding and capability in safety culture and leadership concepts and practical application of risk assessment; hazard identification and controls; and incident management and investigation
- Mechanical Degree, Associate Diploma or Australian recognised Heavy-Duty Mechanical OR Auto Electrical Trade Certificate
- S123, G2
This is a full-time, permanent role working a Monday – Friday (5/2) roster based at our Dawson Mine in Moura, QLD with subsidised accommodation included. This role is also suitable for residential or DIDO commuting.
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are?
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
Inclusion and Diversity
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
CLOSING DATE- 25 January 2021
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date – applications may also close before this date.
Anglo American’s Metallurgical Coal Business does not accept applications from Recruitment Agencies.