|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the Role
Bankwest's Technology & Transformation (T&T) Division develops and executes all IT change and runs all IT operations within the organisation; ensuring the strategic leverage of technology to deliver the Bankwest strategy.
With one of the largest IT functions in Western Australia, the Division works on a wide variety of technologies and projects with the support of a dedicated team and market leading ways of working methodology (Blaze). We are also part of CBA Group's Enterprise Services team, one of the largest IT functions in Australia.
As the Bankwest Scrum Master community of practice the Scrum Master Chapter provides Scrum Master Capability to our Tribes and Platforms, supporting the growth and ongoing development of these servant leaders. We are the custodians of Bankwest's Scrum practices, tools and standards, and strive to enable our squads to deliver customer value at (sustainable) pace.
Our colleagues are empowered to make decisions supported by leaders who value diversity of thought and ideas. It's where done is better than perfect because rapid iteration and moving quickly produces a better result for our customers. That's the trail we're blazing - because having committed, motivated squads focused on the customer is the fastest way to excellence.
Do work that matters:
As Scrum Master you are a servant leader for your squad, helping them to deliver on the Tribe or Platform's objectives in a fast, sustainable and effective manner. You coach the team to optimise their delivery, and ensure that Scrum processes are adhered to and their benefits maximised.
We don't believe in restrictive reporting lines and a hierarchy which dictates your work. As a Scrum Master you will work collaboratively with others, sharing knowledge and skills as a community.
A Lead Scrum Master will partner with you to ensure your career development, wellbeing and performance. You will get coaching and mentoring from across our community including our highly skilled Senior Scrum Masters, while our Principal Scrum Master shapes our community of practice and sets the scene for us all to thrive and succeed. Whilst the role does not have direct reports, it is responsible for indirectly managing their squad(s) of approximately 10 FTE per squad.
- Ensure that your squad is delivering high-value quality customer outcomes through the adoption and mastery of agile delivery principles and practices;
- Influence change that increases the productivity of the squad;
- Remove blockers and enable the smooth flow of work through the squad;
- Facilitate the constructive resolution of conflicts which may arise both internally and externally to the teams;
- Drive self-organisation and cross-skilling across the squad;
- Apply techniques to support effective Product Backlog management;
- Report standard metrics including sprint burn down, release burn up, and team health.
What skills you will possess:
- An enthusiastic and energetic servant leader who is able to motivate, empower and coach teams to achieve ambitious goals;
- An emotionally intelligent and aware facilitator. You balance "assertive" with "empathetic" in problem resolution and communicate in a clear, transparent and mindful way;
- An innovative thinker who holds a continuous improvement mindset. You are able to make tough decisions and motivate your team in their implementation.
- Delivery leadership experience in diverse and / or complex teams and environment is desirable
- Tertiary qualification in IT or Business related field;
- Professional certifications would also be highly regarded.
What's on Offer?
- We promote flexibility to balance your work and home life and ensure you achieve your career goals and personal needs.
- Making a difference in the community is important to Bankwest and colleagues have the opportunity to volunteer two days per year for a cause that matters to them.
- The successful applicant will enjoy an attractive salary package plus bonus in conjunction with the opportunity to access a range of market leading employee benefits.
Whether you're passionate about customer service, driven by data, or called by creativity, a career here is for you.
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive and flexible workplace. One where we're driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you'll thrive. You'll be supported when faced with challenges, and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
We're determined to make a real difference for Australia's first peoples. We encourage all interested applicants to apply. If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.