|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is unique. An Australian global technology company with incredible people. Nearmap provides a virtual model of the real world – at a scale and detail that hasn’t been done before. We change the way people view the world, so they can profoundly change the way they work.
We are looking for a Senior Developer to join our Business Enablers team. Nearmap’s developers bring fresh ideas from all areas, including geospatial data, tools and imagery, 3D modelling, large-scale system design, interactive data-visualisation, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day.
We’re focused on building a customer experience backed by the best practices and technologies in software development today including: Continuous Delivery & DevOps; Lean & Agile; Automated Testing.
The Day to Day...
- Work closely to deliver cutting edge solutions
- Have a strong software quality focus, delivering excellent code and automated tests
- Be Agile and work with the team to define, implement and improve delivery processes
- Effectively engage and communicate with a team of developers, architects, testers, business analysts and managers.
What we're looking for...
- Real-world C# experience
- SQL and an ORM framework(we use Postgres, NHibernate)
- Building microservices using a message/service bus
- Linux & its shell environment
- Mono or .NET Core(help us get off Mono)
- Bamboo or other CI tools, git, github
- AWS services, Docker, Python, Terraform
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
- A team player, effective communicator, takes initiative, a self-starter
- Open, honest communicator who believes in transparency
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the business
- Tertiary level qualification, ideally Computer Science or other related technical qualification.
Our Developers Love...
- DevOps culture
- Automation, Continuous Integration & Deployment
- Microservice architectures
- Highly scalable systems
- Containers, Infrastructure As Code
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Some of our current benefits include competitive pay, access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym and phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8
Please note: Successful candidate must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. This role will be located in Sydney, we will not relocate this role. All applicants must be available to interview in Sydney.
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.