|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Fantastic opportunity to learn and progress your security management career
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced Security Administrator, in our team based in Canberra, ACT.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
Hear about our Return to Site Plan here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZO2QeP6r_Q
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Senior Security Officer, you will be responsible to provide commercial and defence security advice, education and support to all business operations with BAE Systems Australia in accordance with company security policies, procedures and guidelines.
Specifically, you will be involved in:
- Assist with implementation of security measures for the protection of defence security classified information and sensitive commercial information under the control of BAE Systems Australia
- Coordinate and carry out routine security tasks based on relevant policies, standards, procedures and best practices of the assigned work stream
- Administer the company photographic identity badge system by ensuring all new employees, contractors, defence forces personnel are issued with a pass within the agreed service level agreement
- Respond to and maintain records of security incidents, escalating where needed
- Assist with preparing and implementing security procedures, work instructions relating to site security in accordance with the DSPF and BAE Systems UK Corporate Security
- Provide support to ensure the company passes all security audits and maintains the high standard required by defence security and vetting service (DS&VS) and to safeguard the Company the facility security clearance
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in defence security or security processes and procedures
- Good interpersonal and communication skill with strong attention to detail
- Team player with an ability to work under pressure, analyse critically and manage and prioritise work activities
- Experience and exposure to relevant security services like security risk management, cyber and IT security, security of contracts, incident management, asset protection and security governance
- Proficiency in MS Office skills, particularly word, excel and power point
Whilst not essential, degree qualification and/ or defence security officer course would be desirable
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.