|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our growing Technology architecture team is seeking a Platform Architect to come on board and embark in various projects in the New Year! You’ll be responsible for ensuring the architecture and designs of all development/technical efforts comply with standards and agreed strategies, ultimately ensuring applications and platforms are evolving toward a target state.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for the detailed design of Technology platforms, platform reference architectures, consumption templates, and the alignment of platform to the solution architecture to name a few.
You’ll be seen as a mentor and technically proficient amongst the Technology architecture platforms and will be accountable for maintaining high levels of technical passion and knowledge craving amongst the Technology and IT community.
What are you going to do? You’ll be…
- Owning the platforms. Owning means to understand perfectly the current situation, have a vision about the target and draft the roadmap to solve the gap
- Prototyping new Concepts and drafting architecture standards, and be accountable for the detailed design of platforms
- Responsible for the quality of architecture designs. Being the bridge between business and technology to design or evolve the platforms
- Responsible for designing and owning the security architecture of the platform
- Incubating concepts with the business and architects
- Presenting and selling the technical merits of designs to the architecture team and other stakeholders
- Collaborating with Lead and Principal Engineers from the Tribes and CoEs
What you are going to have? You’ll have…
- Demonstrated experience in technology architecture, Infrastructure, datacentres and cloud environments
- Working experience of Public Cloud Architectures; ideally Azure
- A thorough understanding of cloud-native architectures, container orchestration, microservices and operational best practices in the cloud
- Experience designing and building highly scalable and secure platforms
- Expertise of Infrastructure as Code and deployment through DevSecOps pipelines
- Knowledge of SQL and no-sql databases, includning open sources databases.
- Knowledge of Web Application servers and reverse proxies
- Excellent communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- The ability to liaise with a broad range of people, including line management, senior management, external suppliers and related people.
- Problem solving ability and strong analytical skills
- A technical Degree
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply – likewise if you’re an indigenous Australian, or you’re living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities. We would also be open to flexible working applications for this role, please just let us know as part of your phone interview.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.