|Job Type:||Full Time|
Internal Communications Manager l WooliesX
At WooliesX, we’re here to create better everyday experiences for our customers.
WooliesX is part of the Woolworths Group. We’re an innovation business that brings together the brightest minds in e-commerce, technology, media, and data to transform the way people live and shop. Our agile teams are empowered to innovate and deliver an awesome experience for our customers - no matter whether they choose to shop in-store, or online.
We’ve worked together with our partners to create all kinds of initiatives you know and love – like Everyday Rewards, one of Australia’s most popular loyalty programs. Alongside Woolworths Supermarkets, we’ve helped make online shopping simpler and more intuitive, and were awarded #1 in customer satisfaction for online groceries by Canstar for our combined effort.
Where we play:
Our team members enjoy a full range of flexible working options and have the freedom to work between home and office. We also have the WooliesX Hub located a short 2 minute walk from Central station and walking distance from all the cafes and restaurants that Surry Hills has to offer. Our offices are designed to support flexible working with different spaces for different activities such as collaboration, brainstorming or just chilling out.
About our opportunity:
As the Communications Manager for WooliesX, you will bring our internal communications plan to life through partnering with our Managing Director and the senior leadership team to deliver clear, concise and purposeful messages delivered to our team and potential team, at the right time through the right channels to grow team & customer advocacy.
With reporting lines into our Group Communications team and into WooliesX, the Internal Communications Manager will be responsible for:
- Establishing a strategic communications plan to ensure we can deliver to both the daily BAU/Operational requirements as well as enable the strategy, without sacrificing one over the other
- Partnering and providing support to the Managing Director on her communications to team and events
- Continually iterate the communications offer (i.e. style of content, delivery channels, branding etc to align to business and audience trends)
- Review the communications BAU impact on a regular basis to assess most effective channels, content, and identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Coach communications team members to produce best practice content via various channels
- Scope major communications activities and engage the supporting resources to deliver as required (e.g. virtual or in person events; Christmas etc)
You orient yourself around doing what’s meaningful, purposeful and delivers value. You’re excited about being part of digital transformation and being a disruptor on one of Australia’s biggest stages.
You’re curious and empathetic, and as a systems thinker you have an eye for the bigger picture. You thrive in ambiguity, and deal with complexity by collaborating with colleagues, listening to customers, testing ideas and continuously learning. You take authorship for what you create.
In addition, to be successful in this role we need you to have:
- Exceptional communication skills and demonstrated experience producing purposeful communications
- Experienced internal communications, targeting both operations (i.e. BAU) and strategic (i.e. long term planning, alignment to business and/or people strategy)
- Experience in listening and analysing data; translating insights into meaningful actions for improvement
- The ability to use critical thinking to leverage multiple platforms and tools to communicate important messages, developing and executing, fit-for purpose communication plans
- Leading and coaching a team
- Partnering with Senior stakeholders
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to influence individuals in all levels of the organisation
What's in it for you:
- An attractive remuneration package
- Opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia
- Tech options - Woolworths are the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile and have BYOD options too
- Training and Education - We pride ourselves in helping you realise your potential and give you the opportunity to be innovative
- An exciting career - As our business grows, so do the opportunities for our team-members
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.