- Two permanent positions available, Sydney based
- Be a part exploring new and emerging energy
- Management and Analyst level positions available
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
Origin has multiple opportunities available within our fast-paced Connect Team which exists within our Data and Analytics function. The Connect team is responsible for the commercial aspects of Origin’s virtual power plant (VPP) activities, which uses advanced analytics and control technologies to orchestrate the use of distributed energy assets. The VPP aims to optimise the use of these assets to achieve financial and carbon emissions objectives for customers and the Origin portfolio.
These positions will be responsible for supporting the financial and operational analytics for assessing virtual power plant and customer emissions reduction opportunities as well as supporting the operations of the virtual power plant, with particular focus on trading activities, large customer assets and smart meter enabled assets. These roles will support, engage and interact with both members of the Data & Analytics team to design enhancements to the platform or enable operating strategies, as well as with Origin business stakeholders and customers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conduct financial, commercial and operational analytics on VPP and Future Energy opportunities and products
- Lead or support possible deal structures and value streams for VPP and connected asset customer opportunities
- Lead or support data-driven, investigative analytics to identify prospective customers and new product opportunities, supported by the broader Data and Analytics team
- Prepare presentations, collateral and reports for customers, business stakeholders and senior management
- Prepare analysis on VPP strategies, value streams and asset performance
Is This You
To be successful in this role you will be commercially and analytically minded, numerate and inquisitive with the ability to work autonomously and flexibly in a dynamic emerging and changing environment. You'll be naturally excited by solving business problems through data and have a sound understanding of the value of this and the ability to bring non-technically minded stakeholders on the journey.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications or significant work experience in a relevant quantitative, analytical or commercial discipline
- Prior experience in analytics, financial modelling or statistical modelling
- Prior work experience in the energy industry, ideally in energy forecasting or trading
- Prior experience in building and implementing financial models
- commercial experience managing and analyzing data and information.
- Ability to grasp, communicate and comment upon new, complex issues to a variety of stakeholders
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin’sFuture Energy and Business Developmentteam is shaping tomorrow’s future energy innovations. We’re investing in new energy solutions; partnering with global start-ups and trialing new technology and business models. We also play a critical role in supporting our operations through world class application and infrastructure. We’re driven to lead the transition into a low carbon, technology-enabled world which embraces a more decentralised and digital future.
That’s why we need passionate, curious and customer focused people, who are excited by the challenge of finding new ways of working, new ways of delivering and shaping a new energy future.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.careers.originenergy.com.au