|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Downer Construction division is highly respected and has a great track record for delivering a high standard of work across the country. We proudly support a range of exciting construction projects across the Waikato region. Due to ongoing growth, our Ngāruawāhia crew is in need of an experienced Excavator Operator to help us deliver to these projects.
About the role:
You will be involved in planning, organising, directing and controlling activities and operations on site on a day to day basis. You will support the team by operating machinery to support with trench digging, digging out curb lines and backfilling. Extensive earthworks for pavement rehabilitation projects in the Waikato District. You will also:
- Ensure work is completed to the satisfaction of customers and all targets including productivity, quality and safety are met.
- Monitor operations under your control to ensure compliance in relation to H&S, the environment and quality assurance
- Ensure efficient use of materials, supplies and equipment to minimise cost and wastage
- Communicate effectively with clients, crew and supervisors
- Lead by example, driving Zero Harm through operational excellence
You will have plenty of experience operating Excavators (1.5T - 30T) within the civil construction industry – particularly in drainage and bulk earthworks projects. You will have an organised and systematic approach to the work environment and take pride in your work. You will also:
- Hold Class 2 drivers licence with W, T, R endorsements (Class 4, 5 an advantage)
- Hold strong planning skills and the ability to deal with unexpected events and problem solve
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Be physically fit and able to carry out manual tasks
- Be able to demonstrate Leadership qualities that empower others
Benefits of joining Team Downer:
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. By joining Downer, you have the opportunity to build lasting relationships to progress your career forward. We also offer:
- Stable employment with an industry leader
- Long term training and development opportunities
- Full time (40 hours) guaranteed, with overtime available
- Tools of trade including your uniform and safety gear provided
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts
How to apply?
Have your CV ready to go and visit www.downercareers.co.nz, enter reference 575092 and apply today!
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
The Downer NZ Recruitment office will be closed from Wednesday, 23 December 2020 and we will be back on deck on Monday, 11 January 2021. If you submit an application during this period please note that we will review your details upon our return and be back in touch ASAP. Wishing you a safe and festive holiday season.