Infrastructure Projects, a division of Downer’s Australian Operations Business, continues to secure new work and build on our reputation as a market leader in delivering some of Australia’s major Transport Infrastructure projects.
We currently have multiple long-term maintenance contracts and large-scale construction projects across Western Australia, placing us in an enviable position moving into the future.
As a result of our success and growth we are now seeking experienced and enthusiastic Rail Workers / Labourers to join our progressive Infrastructure Projects.
Successful candidates will be required to:
- Work under direction, following instructions at all times
- Assist the team to deliver the scopes of work including sleeper renewal, spotting, dogging and rigging
- Perform general labouring tasks, including clearing scrub around corridor or around works
- Conform with all Rail Safety requirements, raising any concerns to supervision
- Operate mobile plant (if licenced to operate)
- 2 years+ experience in rail maintenance / civil construction
- Demonstrated capability in rail maintenance / re-sleepering works
- Demonstrated effective communication skills
- DG - Dogging High Risk Work Licence
- RI – Rigging Intermediate High Risk Work License
- Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure (TL121315) (desirable)
- CV – Vehicle Loading Crane (Hiab) High Risk Work Licence (desirable)
- HR Truck licence (desirable)
- Loader, Excavator Plant Operator licence/s (desirable)
- Must be based in Western Australia
WHAT WE OFFER
- Diverse, energetic and supportive workplace culture, where you are treated as a highly valued team member and your feedback, innovation and ideas really do count.
- Develop and diversify your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment
- Offering competitive benefits and Permanent Full-Time Contracts .
- We are operating across a number of different locations, so there are opportunities in both residential and FIFO roles across the state. For further information, we encourage you to apply and discuss those options with us.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage women and men of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
To register your application, please use the link and apply online , applications emailed directly to the recruitment team will not be considered.
If you require further information on this opportunity, please contact the recruitment team via email Julien.Etiennette@downergroup.com