|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you highly skilled at building and managing relationships within high value Business Banking & Specialised Customers? Can you demonstrate strong sales, negotiation and influencing skills? Are you well versed in risk management and financial market products?
Our Strategic Interest Rate Risk Management (IRRM) Desk is seeking a seasoned financial markets professional with 7+ years’ experience in providing risk management solutions to Business and Specialised customers using a variety of financial markets tools. Based in the Sydney Dealing room the role will work with complex and high value customers across NSW.
The Strategic desk is part of the Corporate Sales team within NAB Financial Markets group, and forms part of Corporate & Institutional Banking. We specialise in providing risk management solutions to businesses and individuals and offer a range of interest rate, foreign exchange and commodity products that are tailored to meet a client's specific requirements.
About the role
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an Associate Director position available to join the Strategic IRRM Desk in the Sydney dealing room in NSW. Working in a dynamic and high performing team you will be responsible for identifying new opportunities, building relationships and working with clients to manage their Interest Rate risk.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with high value NAB Business Banking customers to manage their Interest Rate risks
- Promote growth of client franchise through innovative and effective marketing methods and deliver solutions to new and existing customers that maximise customer satisfaction and idea generation.
- Ensure key stakeholders are aware of our Interest Rate capability, research, platform and offering.
- Assisting customers & bankers to execute IRRM transactions, both stand alone and embedded derivatives.
- Build on existing IRRM relationships, by developing a deep understanding of a client’s business model & IRRM risks.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of products, focused on value to the customer through sales and service, timely and competitive pricing
- Mentor and assist with the development of junior members of the team.
- Assisting with the development and execution of national business initiatives.
- Have a strong risk focus
As the successful applicant you’ll be a sales oriented self-starter with at least 7+ years’ experience in providing risk management solutions - particularly around Interest Rate products, however wider financial markets sales experience will be well regarded. You’ll bring exceptional communication skills, and a proven ability to interact with customers as well as key stakeholders across the organisation. Tertiary qualifications should include a business-related degree and AFMA accreditation. Recognition on the Financial Advisor Register (FAR) is desirable but not essential.
What we offer
This rewarding opportunity will see you working with the Strategic Markets team with a strong culture of innovation that is focused, smart, hardworking and passionate about our shared vision to create the very best, exceptional experience for our customers.
As the successful applicant you'll be rewarded with a structured career path within NAB Markets that will see you working in a market leading team that provides a competitive market salary, annual performance incentives, a flexible working environment and employee benefits such as education, volunteer leave and banking discounts. For more information please click here.
We are proud to have dedicated $70 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.