|Job Type:||Full Time|
Help create a home away from home
About the job
Sodexo is currently seeking qualified Grounds Maintenance Service Attendants to work at ERA Village in Jabiru, NT. This is a full time BIBO of Darwin role or Jabiru local rostered 14 days on, 7 days off - 9.5 hours per shift and would suit candidates with a landscaping or grounds maintenance background.
Reporting to the Town Services Manager, your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- deliver various ground maintenance services such as mowing, whipper snipping, pruning, and edging
- responsible use of chemicals and sprays in designated areas
- general clean up as directed to maintain a tidy common area
- Assist in unloading and loading equipment, operating machinery directed
- Water testing and general manual labour
You may also be requested to provide a broad range of assistance to other services provided by Sodexo, such as assisting in the kitchen, housekeeping and any other areas that require your assistance as needed.
You will need to have the below skills in order to be successful:
- Previous experience in a ground’s maintenance or similar labouring role, or
- A positive can-do attitude and strong work ethic with the ability to work all day outside
- A solid understanding of the safe usage of related chemicals, fertilisers, poisons and pesticides
- Strong safety awareness and be able to follow safety procedures
- Ability to work as part of a team and commitment to following through to achieve tasks
A current open or provisional manual driver licence, forklift ticket, and EWP are advantageous but not essential for this role.
If this sounds like the right job for you click on “I’m Interested” and complete our 5-minute application process.
Sodexo provides a range of services at remote locations across Australia, servicing both on-shore and off-shore sites, in difficult and challenging environments. At Sodexo, our Energy & Resources sector serves four global markets: Mining, Offshore & Marine, Onshore Energy, and Engineering & Construction Projects. Our growing team of employees is dedicated to improving productivity, building meaningful client relationships, reducing on-site problems and improving quality of life for the thousands of Australians who call our remote sites home.
General Maintenance experience.
Chainsaw experience preferred.
Sodexo is a contract services company and employment is conditional to Sodexo’s ability to maintain the client contract and its service levels. All employees are subject to a police check and a Working with Children check (where applicable)