|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Global Sales Marketing and Operations (GSMO) Finance drives shareholder value in 14 Areas and 57 subsidiaries and carries the local accountability for finance, statutory and compliance matters across all commercial segments and products.
As the Chief Planning & Orchestration Officer for the Australia Area, the FP&A Director owns and executes the Area core finance processes. This role is accountable for the end-to-end management of the Area P&L as well as proper statutory and tax compliance. As the main Finance partner of the Area M&O Lead and a key stakeholder for the Area VP, the FP&A Director delivers crisp, timely and challenging business support for the success of the subsidiary and senior leadership team.
The role provides the opportunity to:
- Have direct business impact on a multibillion $ organization
- Develop operational capabilities and execution excellence
- Build people and team capabilities
- Partner with senior business leaders to design and implement growth strategies
Get exposure to the overall GSMO organization, including all Segments and Business Groups
Develop and grow the FP&A team
- Define clear team priorities
- Build an organization that attracts, retains & develops talent
- Drive solid succession plans with diverse internal and external candidates.
- Develop an energized team that can meet and evolve with our business needs
- Create a great work environment with high employee satisfaction
- Foster a culture of learning, teamwork and execution excellence, where diversity of backgrounds and experiences is recognized and valued
- Role model the behaviors and standards that we aspire to as an organization
Optimize Area financial processes and operations
- Drive tight business management processes to build predictability and accountability on Area results: monthly/quarterly business reviews, forecasting, target setting, budgeting
- Drive standardization and simplification, including partnering with shared resource teams and Corporate teams, e.g. One Finance
- Partner with other Finance and Operations functions to optimize execution, e.g. Procurement, Real Estate & Security (RE&S), Global Financing Services, etc.
Partner with M&O and other Area leaders to drive business performance
- Oversee Australia revenue and P&L performance all up
- Effectively communicate financial and business performance to exec audiences to influence decision-making
- Construct insightful analyses to accelerate business performance
- Act as trusted advisor to the Area leadership, providing guidance, challenging plans, and offering solutions.
- Partner across the organization to efficiently allocate resources within the Area, drive profitable growth and enhance productivity
Fulfill Stat & Tax requirements for our Australia legal entities
- Ensure all statutory and tax filings and responses to information requests are submitted in an accurate and timely manner, leveraging external and internal experts.
- Develop initiatives to optimize performance in our statutory books and optimize shareholder value
- Collaborate with other groups (HR, Payroll, Operations, etc.) in S&T related projects and activities
Drive Internal Compliance
- Collaborate with the Control & Compliance Area team to foster a culture of compliance and embed compliance rigor into Area processes and key risk areas, e.g. discounting, End Customer Investment Funds, spend management
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 7+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience OR equivalent experience.
- English fluency
- Desired experience
- Finance Management at a senior level
- Proven track record of building a Finance team
- Successful talent development
- Proven track record of achieving results and driving change
- Key skills
- Business acumen
- Analytical skills and conceptual abilities
- Budgeting, financial modeling
- Problem solving
- Strategic thinking
- Team collaboration
- Interpersonal awareness
- Holding other people accountable
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.