|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking for a career that will allow you to use your unique blend of business acumen and tech savvy? Business Analysts at IBM are subject matter experts that build the bridge between our business and our clients, immersing themselves into the market to understand problems and find innovative solutions. Be ready to navigate the complex relationships that make the business world run and find the actionable insights that result in great business decisions.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Business Analyst - ADM
IBM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, serving clients in 170 countries.
In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyse. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation so there is no better place to launch your career.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge. We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM. We are hiring.
We are currently recruiting for a Business Analyst for a permanent position based in Perth.
The person identifies consults the business and provides services based on the needs of the organization’s clients.
Having specific knowledge of the Energy and Utilities Industry, and deep expertise in corporate business processes and products, she/he will analyze and verify the requirements, business process decomposition and design. The successful candidate must have an experience in new business processes modeling.
In this role, the candidate will have the opportunity to interact directly with clients: the Strategy Consultant will participate in conducting client workshops and interviews, Agile workshops facilitation and documentation of discussions.
The candidate should have worked in an Agile environment being versed in writing epics and decomposing epics into user stories. Additionally, desirable an experience as a system analyst.
Must have an outgoing personality to easily connect with Client stakeholders and IBM team. Knowledge of Agile approaches is mandatory, other software development methodologies is a plus. Should be familiar with key diagraming techniques (for example BPMN, UML), able to read application architecture diagrams. Should understand the current Asset Management planning and future models
Environment: Professional knowledge related to Energy and Utilities Industry function/business unit and its processes.
Communication/Negotiation: Advise other professionals. Effectively utilize group dynamics. Negotiate to define approaches and goals. Lead or join development team in projects to deliver proposed system for client’s business requirements.
Problem Solving: Recognize complex problems related to functional objectives. Analyze situations and implement solutions, or develop new system elements, procedures or processes. Creativity and judgment applied to developmental work on different projects within the business environment. Responsible for design application architecture and outline component model specification for team member to implement. Provide industry insights in requirement elicitation. Fast response to POC activities to early assess solution feasibility and risks of architecture design.
We are currently recruiting for a Business Analyst/Consultant, based in Perth. Your responsibilities in this role include:
- Detailed interrogation of client needs and gathering functional and non-functional requirements.
- Creating detailed user stories, epics and acceptance criteria
- Identifying, developing, and supporting business process change
- Participate in all Agile meetings such as sprint planning, stand-ups, demos, and retrospectives
- Work effectively individually and with team members toward customer satisfaction and success
- Participate in client meetings to communicate status or give demos in showcase workshops
- Responsible for providing the effort estimates in an agile environment;
- Be keenly aware of timelines and budgeting to deliver in a timely manner
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts and present them in simple terms to non-technical team members and clients
To ensure success in the role you will possess the following skills –
- At least 5 years’ experience defining software requirements for complex products, either as a business analyst or equivalent Consultant role in Agile software delivery.
- At least 5 years’ experience working with Agile practices and associated skills including user story writing
- At least 4 years’ experience developing and delivering supporting business processes for Energy and Utilities industry, with a focus on Asset Management and Field Mobility and Scheduling solutions.
- At least 4 years’ experience in a Business Analyst role as part of a System Integrations program with third party products and COTS (commercial-of-the-shelf) for Asset Management systems using Web Services or file based message exchange.
- At least 2 years’ experience in designing management process, business process engineering, use case specification
- Excellent experience in modelling tools (Visio, Aris…)
- Excellent communication and writing skills (to attend client meetings and speak with clarity, write requirements in clear business terms, etc.)
- At least 2 years’ experience in Design Thinking techniques
- At least 1 year experience with working in an onshore/offshore model;
Applicants will be required to hold Australian PR or Citizenship.
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM – click “Apply” today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.