|Job Type:||Full Time|
This is a great time to ‘start a fresh’ in 2021 with a global environmental leader currently undergoing rapid transformation….
About the role
Our Safety and Wellbeing Team support our business leaders in providing safety and wellbeing support, solutions and preventative actions.
A career opportunity is now available for a Safety and Wellbeing Adviser to join our Victorian Team and ensure best practice, compliance and consistency across a portfolio of various sites across VIC metro, with some limited travel to regional VIC.
Supporting our Water, Infrastructure and Collections business you will lead the implementation of SUEZ Safety Management systems, ensuring our organisation meets its legal and ethical obligation to provide a safe workplace so every worker returns home each day safely.
Reporting to the Safety and Wellbeing Team Leader Victoria, your key responsibilities will include:
- Plan and implement the Suez Safety Management System to all members of line management
- Interpret, support and advise all line managers and workers on relevant workplace health and safety legislation, company policies and procedures
- Support operational personnel in dealing with specific WHS issues including workplace risk assessments and workplace hazard mitigation (JSEA and SWMS)
- Provide oversight of critical incidents and supporting the site with incident investigation, root cause analysis and corrective action closure
- Prepare Project Safety Management Plans for tenders and projects in line with the management system and project requirements
- Support the establishment of project specific safety management system, procedures and tools
- Champion a positive safety and wellbeing culture including development of wellbeing programs
- Provide support in the return to work of injured workers and workers suffering ill-health conditions
- Consult relevant legislation and other legal requirements, government regulations and other emergency response agencies
- Contribute to the continual improvement of safety management systems through regular planned and unplanned workplace inspections, safe work observations and site safety audits
- Monitor and review contractors
With at least 5 + years’ gained in a WHS Specialist role, your industry experience may include transport, logistics, waste or even the water industry. You have extensive understanding of WHS legislation and a collaborative approach to driving health and safety business improvements across an organisation.
Your relevant qualifications include:
- WHS Diploma or Degree
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Senior First Aid Certification
- Internal Auditor Certification
You hold a current VIC drivers Licence and have advanced computer and system application skills.
Above all your core values align with ours – passion for the environment, team spirit, respect and a customer ‘first’ approach.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package including competitive base salary, superannuation and a fully maintained Tool of Trade vehicle together with a range of employee benefits.
Applications close 11th January 2021.