- Join Laing O’Rourke where people are the heart of our business.
- Work for an innovative, privately-owned Tier 1 Constructor.
- Work in a collaborative team environment.
- Initial 6 month fixed term contract.
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
We are currently looking for a well-rounded and experienced Environmental Advisor to work on an attractive FIFO roster to the Pilbara, WA .
- Promote compliance and excellence in environmental matters and challenge the project to achieve exceptional standards.
- Represent the company on project environmental matters.
- Support the procurement and commercial teams in ensuring that all project environmental requirements are embedded into subcontractor and supplier contracts, and subsequent performance reporting.
- Delivery of environmental programmes and initiatives on the project.
- Undertake environmental assessments of subcontractors and suppliers to ensure compliance with the contract requirements.
- Provide environmental advice to supervisors, inspectors, project management, other employees and personnel working on the project or area.
- Review completed environmental records to ensure they verify compliance with specified requirements.
- Minimise waste and ensure compliance with Project approvals.
- Ground water and drinking water monitoring and on-site testing.
You will have
A tertiary qualification in a Bachelor of Environmental Science/Engineering along with an intermediate level of experience in a similar role with well-rounded technical experience with acid sulphate soils, soil and groundwater sampling and phase 1&2 environmental site investigations. You will also have exposure to mining and resources projects knowledge of State and Federal environmental regulations and guidelines, along with demonstrable experience in compiling, processing and presenting detailed technical data.
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.