|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Small and Medium Business (SMB) segment at Microsoft is at the leading edge of our transformation. It is a tremendous growth engine for the company, driven by exponential growth in cloud as well as continued momentum in the traditional on-premises business. Dedicated to empowering every SMB worldwide to achieve more, this high performing team delivers compelling Microsoft cloud solutions to millions of customers globally, growing revenue and market share while delivering a high level of customer and partner satisfaction.
The SMB Customer Program Manager – Azure is at the center of our transformation, where the focus is on innovating our go to market capability and capacity to best serve SMB customers at scale. This requires continuous innovation and evolution of our sales engagement strategy, while remaining centered on the SMB customer. As the SMB Customer Program Manager – Azure, you will be the business owner of Microsoft’s SMB Azure business and the SMB customer advocate across the organization. To be successful, you must have deep understanding of the SMB market, customer acquisition engines and upsell/cross-sell motions across services/products and the respective routes to market. You will lead a v-team of key business partners from the partner, products and services, marketing, and operations teams, driving alignment on the SMB Azure strategy through the development of a holistic SMB Azure business plan, and ensure always on execution with the right level of investments to address SMB customer needs and accelerate their digital transformation.
The SMB Customer Program Manager – Azure key outcomes / measures of success include:
- SMB Azure consumed revenue and cloud mix
- SMB Azure new cloud customer acquisition and growth
- SMB net satisfaction
The SMB Customer Program Manager – Azure achieves impact mainly through:
- Growth and Transformational Sales Leadership: The role is directly accountable for SMB Azure business performance. As the leader of the Azure ‘One SMB’ v-team, the SMB Customer Program Manager – Azure is accountable for landing WW SMB strategy, identifying growth opportunities, prioritizing sales plays, developing the go-to-market execution plan, identifying channel capacity needs and securing necessary investments to ensure Microsoft realizes its full SMB Azure growth potential. The SMB operating model requires a high degree of collaboration across key business partners such as Channel Partner, Product and Commercial Marketing, Digital Sales, Sales Excellence, Finance, etc. The SMB Customer Program Manager – Azure is an effective and efficient collaborator and v-team leader able to drive alignment, execution, and results via extended v-teams.
- Customer Advocacy and Market Thought Leadership: The individual should possess deep business insights into local SMB market dynamics, knowledge of political/legislative requirements, and demonstrate strategy leadership in the formulation of a robust business plan working in alignment with key SMB business partners to deliver short term results and build a foundation for long term sustained success. The SMB Customer Program Manager – Azure is responsible for supplementing global data with local insights to optimize for customer lifetime value through acquisition, retention and growth strategies leveraging scalable routes to market. The individual should leverage their strong local SMB market insights on customer preferences, competitive dynamics, and digital maturity to execute relevant and timely global core sales plays while identifying local sales plays to optimize market demand.
The successful candidate is an experienced sales and marketing leader with deep SMB customer insights, a track record of business strategy, sales leadership and hands-on execution excellence. Specifically, this highly visible and strategic role requires a candidate, who possesses the following characteristics:
- Ability to set and drive customer strategy, thus translating strategy into concrete actions and marketing/sales motions
- Excellent business judgment and results across a range of disciplines including multi-channel sales, marketing, finance, and strategy
- Ability to effectively drive cross-group collaboration, using project management, impact and influence, as well as communication skills.
- Strong analytical mindset, but creative in problem solving and entrepreneurial in approach. Effective at managing and thriving in ambiguous situations.
Additional requirements for this role include:
- 7+ years’ experience in IT sales and marketing leadership roles
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.