|Job Type:||Full Time|
With more than 200 stores and employing over 34,000 people, Kmart is proud to be one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest and most successful retailers.
Serving the needs of Australian families is at the core of who we are as a business, that’s why we are driven to be the place customers rely on for low prices and making every day living brighter.
You’ll be joining a dynamic team with a fantastic culture where diversity is openly celebrated, and you’ll be challenged and supported to achieve personal and business goals. Expect a work environment that is highly collaborative, fast-paced, inclusive and progressive - with no two days the same! Our values – Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher will resonate with you deeply and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a fantastic culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive.
What we’re looking for?
Reporting in to the National Lean Renewal manager, we currently are seeking an experienced Lean Transformation specialist to partner with our stores to ensure delivery of strategic business improvement initiatives. Further key responsibilities in this role will include;
- Delivers best practice, and ensures projects, activities and roadmaps are aligned with business, change and communication strategies
- Demonstrates continued ‘future orientation’ in shaping and guiding clear visions and plans in a retail stores’ environment
- Shapes and creates competitive and breakthrough strategies whilst considering relevant risks and mitigations
- Leads in an advisory capability to inform a consistent approach to managing transformational change
To be successful in securing this role, you will have extensive experience in a retail operations/stores environment leading teams through organisational change. You will also possess the following;
- Experience in strategy development and delivery across a program lifecycle (analyst, program manager, project manager, consultant)
- Demonstrated leadership, relationship building/stakeholder management, communication and teamwork skills
- Capacity to be an effective and positive change agent with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Specific expertise in retail operations (store operations, inventory, store renewal, shared services)
- Those with Continuous Improvement Capability (Lean, Kaizen, 6 Sigma) combined with change management expertise or experience will be highly regarded
You will be afforded autonomy and accountability in your role and have access to development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, excellent remuneration, inclusion in company bonus scheme & access to Wesfarmers share plan (both for eligible team members), free parking and benefits program including a discount card for Kmart, Coles, Target and Officeworks.
At Kmart we aim to ensure our teams reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.