We currently have an opportunity to recruit a Financial Accountant on a 12 month maternity leave cover replacement, based in either Perth or Melbourne.
About the role
Our Financial Accountants play a key role in running accounting and financial activities of SUEZ ANZ. You will provide financial information enabling other departments to make key business decisions and assist the Senior Financial Accountant with our statutory and group financial reporting. You will also be involved in joint ventures and various projects and the maintenance and improvement to processes and procedures.
The position will work collaboratively with our Commercial Business Analysts and Finance Commercial Managers and other key functions of SUEZ.
Other key duties include:
- Perform month-end and year-end close processes
- Preparation of consolidation and elimination entries, ensuring that all reconciliation issues are investigated and resolved in a timely manner
- Managing the general ledger and preparing the monthly balance sheet and inter-company reconciliations
- Assisting in SUEZ’s Group internal and external audit
- Reporting on the performance plan including procurement savings and process improvement
- Assist National Tax team with CBCR, BAS and FBT returns
- Drive process improvement and system enhancement initiatives
- Proactively identify new initiatives that could benefit the organisation
- Ensuring Accounting standards and policies are adhered to. Stay abreast of changes to accounting standards and best practices, and keep management briefed of the impact of oncoming changes on a “no surprises” basis.
- Supporting Senior Financial Accountant in the preparation of year end statutory accounts
- Any other ad hoc duties assigned by the Senior Financial Accountant
- Responsible for meeting all compliance obligations to external parties such as EPA, Audits, and the Australian Bureau of Statistics
With relevant tertiary and industry qualifications (including CA/CPA or progress towards completion), our ideal candidate will have significant financial experience (3-5 years) gained in a complex multi-site diverse business. Proficiency in SAP, TMI is essential coupled with intermediate to advanced excel skills.
You are deadline orientated, have a key eye for detail and have excellent critical thinking and advanced problem-solving skills as you work through large scale transactions and extract and manipulate data.
Your mindset and values align to SUEZ culture and sound communication skills -both written and verbal are essential.