|Job Type:||Full Time|
Quality Specialist - Non-Trade
A rare opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and motivated Quality Specialist to join our Quality, Sustainability and Health team. Monitoring and maintaining a strong level of compliance for all own-brand products, the Quality Specialist will provide technical guidance and approval in line with our critical path through adherence to required gates within the NPD framework.
At Woolworths, spreading the joy of food to our customers is the reason we do what we do. We live it, we breathe it. Woolworths offers real opportunities for career development, for those with a passion for putting a smile on a customer’s face. So if you’re someone who leads by example and strives to be better every day, then we would love to hear from you.
About the Role
Delivering on the voice of customer by building internal and external relationships to deliver the optimum result for our customers, stores and shareholders, the successful candidate will collaborate and partner with our Group Procurement team, Food Group team, other parts of the Woolworths ecosystem, and Suppliers to provide saf, legal and quality non-trade products.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering the Quality assurance process and legislative requirements to ensure Woolworths has safe, compliant and quality products within specifications for our stores and customers.
- Analyse, monitor and collate key information to make informed decisions around quality, compliance and emerging trends.
- Support the delivery of the Quality, Health & Sustainability Strategy.
- Deliver products within non-trade categories that are safe, meet regulatory requirements and customer quality expectations.
- Ensure that all claims on products are validated with appropriate documentation recorded in our systems to demonstrate validity of the claims.
- Building strong relationships between internal & external team members, including suppliers.
- Deliver products within the NPD/ Sourcing framework within agreed timeframes.
- Managing complaints, including supplier investigation.
We move fast, pivot where applicable and expect there’ll be change along the way. We leverage, nurture and grow our best talent to drive points of difference and create a sustainable, collaborative and agile culture where we continue to evolve and put the customer at the centre of everything we do.
The successful candidate will be the subject matter expert in Non-trade products and will be responsible for providing the business with sound guidance and help educate and support the wider team.
To be successful in this role, you will live and breathe collaboration. You will have prior experience in supporting the delivery of strategy, driving change and improvements, and will exhibit the following skills and capabilities:
- Relevant degree or equivalent formal qualification
- Minimum 3 years experience in manufacturing or similar
- Project management skills
- Specialist technical experience and training (ie. constructed/ hardgoods products)
- Demonstrated technical competency & experience for the categories managed
- Demonstrated knowledge of Australian regulations.
- The ability to apply the knowledge of these regulations when assessing product compliance and claims.
In return, you will have the opportunity to work with a great team of people who are fun, innovative and dedicated to delivering innovative solutions and exceptional service to our customers.
We’re also social! - connect with us at #WOWcareers through LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram #Work180
Our team are taking a well-deserved break between 24th December and 4th January 2021. If you wish to apply for this role, we'll be in touch with an update on your application in the new year. Wishing you and your family a wonderful festive season.
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You