|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is unique. An Australian global technology company with incredible people; a market-leader with energy and spirit. Nearmap was named as one of the world’s 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company magazine – and we’re growing.
Nearmap’s ambition is to be the source of truth that shapes our liveable world. As a senior member of the Product Design team, you are responsible for helping create intuitive, empowering and scalable digital products and helping mentor junior members of the team.
You will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to use your full range of product design skills, conducting user research, defining and documenting end-user workflows and illustrating user journeys. You will own the experience for a dedicated product area.
You will also play an important role in advocating the value of a strong design culture at Nearmap. Working with cross-functional partners to create an efficient product design process and putting customers at the centre of everything we do. You will help shape the broader visual language, working with the Brand team to create a consistent digital look and feel.
What we do
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. At the core of it, we’re a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA.
What a typical day will look like
- Collaborate closely with the product team and other business stakeholders to understand our customers’ needs and ensure we are solving the right problems.
- Partner with product managers and engineers to synthesise insights and ideas into requirements and deliver products and services that have real impact.
- Illustrate and communicate design solutions across complex use cases by creating and documenting user journeys, mock-ups and prototypes and UI.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes to test out ideas with customers and stakeholders - you know when lo-fi sketches or hi-fi specs are required.
- Design efficient and reusable UX patterns that drive compelling 2D and 3D user interface experiences.
- Working closely with engineers to come up with technically viable, simple and scalable solutions for a diverse set of customers.
- Take a pragmatic and iterative approach and understand that not all requirements can be delivered at once - you can hone in on what’s essential to meet user needs and deliver business value.
- Own the end-to-end design(UX, interaction, visual, etc.) across one or more of our products in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment.
- Help to create a holistic and ambitious design vision for Nearmap.
- Think long-term when considering how your project fits into the broader roadmap.
- Stay on top of industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to junior Design team members.
- 5+ years experience working in digital products and services.
- Experience designing complex interactions and flows.
- Experience designing Geospatial or SaaS products.
- Deep experience in at least one of the following facets of design: user research, service design, interaction design or visual design.
- Have experience and curiosity within agile and lean philosophies.
- Active member of the product and/or design community.
- Solid technical expertise(in PM or Developer role) supporting new technology or rolling out new features for existing products
- Proven track record of getting things done, managing multiple tasks including communication with internal and external teams whilst consistently delivering on schedule
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, product managers, and senior business leaders
- Sound experience in requirements gathering, sales & product discovery
- Comfortable with cross functional team structure
- A team player, someone who values a great team culture.
- You’re curious and a keen learner who is passionate about product and product design.
- Able to travel occasionally.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Working at Nearmap
We move fast and work smart; often wearing multiple hats. We adapted to remote working with ease and are continually looking at ways to improve. We’re proud of our inclusive, supportive culture, and maintain a safe environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging and can be themselves.
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Our current benefits include competitive pay, access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym and phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.