|Job Type:||Full Time|
Sydney Metro is a fully automated rapid transit system which offers a new generation of fast, safe and reliable train services. Sydney Metro also leads the development of vibrant station precincts to meet customer and community needs, transforming the way Sydney travels and helping shape the future of Australia’s largest city.
About the team
The Commercial Function, led by the Deputy Executive Director, Commercial Project Delivery (West) within Sydney Metro West, is part of the Office of the Chief Executive reporting to the Executive Director Commercial. The Deputy Executive Director is supported by a number of Directors Commercial for work packages for Tunnels, Stations & Stations Systems, Linewide, Train, Signalling & Train Control, and Enabling. This role will report to a Director Commercial Tunnelling and lead a team of Commercial professionals supplemented by a dedicated Transaction Team.
We have an opportunity for an Associate Director Commercial (Tunnelling) to join Australia’s biggest public transport infrastructure program, reshaping transport solutions and making a genuine difference for the people of NSW.
You will lead the commercial management function of all contract packages across the tunnelling aspects of the Project, undertake the deployment of the commercial framework including implementing the project contract management procedures and monitoring and reporting of performance against key performance indicators. You will deliver assigned projects on time, at or below budget and be fully accountable for the quality, integrity and accuracy of expert advice provided.
For more information on this position, view the role description here.
- Demonstrable significant experience in managing a range of procurement projects and activities effectively across a range of different functional areas
- Demonstrable significant experience in post contract award Commercial Management on major, complex infrastructure projects
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of NSW Government Procurement policies and guidelines
- Experience in all programme lifecycle, particularly the successful delivery of large-scale multi-discipline tenders.
- Delivery of projects in a variety of structures and contractual arrangements including joint ventures and alliances.
- Thorough knowledge of rail construction procedures and working methods.
- The ability to negotiate in a collaborative manner and achieve positive outcome for the business.
- Enhanced knowledge of construction law, contractual relationships and key contractual requirements.
- Experience in dispute avoidance, resolution and contractual claim formulation and settlement.
- Using proven communication and stakeholder management skills you will be developing trusted and productive internal and external business relationships.
- Tertiary qualifications in commercial management, finance, project management or relevant associated disciplines
- Desirable to be working towards chartership within a recognized professional body
Salary and Benefits
This is a Senior Service role offering an attractive remuneration package.
For more information on Employee Benefits at Sydney Metro please click here.
Joining Transport for NSW, you’ll have access to a range of unique government benefits in a flexible work environment like no other. If you’re ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and answer all questions within the online application process.
Applications close: 11:59pm, Thursday 21st January 2021
The way we work is evolving, and we want to enable our people to work in ways that work for them. We’re moving from predominantly office-based work to a more flexible approach that supports working from different locations, including regionally. If you’re interested in working from a location not listed in the job ad, please get in touch with the Talent Specialist to discuss what’s possible.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. At Transport for NSW, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call/text or email the contact person for this role.
Thank you for your application. Undoubtedly, 2020 has been a challenging year for many of us. At Transport for NSW, we focus on the wellbeing of our people, therefore we have encouraged our recruitment team to take a well-needed break from 25th December 2020, returning 11th January 2021. Please note, response times may be delayed during this period.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during at this time and we wish you a safe and relaxing festive season.
For any enquiries, please email Namrita Sandhu at NAMRITA.SANDHU@TRANSPORT.NSW.GOV.AU.
Apply today to register your interest!
Find out more about Sydney Metro at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/sydney-metro.