|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/culture
Microsoft continues to invest over $1B per year in cybersecurity and research, to provide its customers with the solutions to confidently move to the cloud and modernize their platforms by delivering the security and compliance solutions, expertise and services needed to keep their data safe.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced and credible cybersecurity professional to join our global team of Technical Specialists. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and provide resources and support to everyone on our team.
The Security Technical Specialist's main goal is to win the technical decision of customers to purchase and use our cybersecurity and compliance technology. You will work in a team, enabling customers through digital transformation by leveraging the Zero Trust Maturity Model and Cybersecurity Reference Architecture . TSs are expected to be able to both own and win the customers technical decisions, as well as find new opportunities through their contacts and work they are on for sales people to further pursue. As a TS, you work within a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to help educate your customers at a technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, and win the technical decision allowing the team to achieve/exceed quarterly Microsoft 365 and Azure sales/usage targets in your accounts. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep technical expertise across Microsoft and non-Microsoft cloud-based security and compliance technologies.
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
You will be the lead technical subject matter expert for cybersecurity within your account teams.
- You will deliver proof of Microsoft’s technology solutions to customers and secure their agreement our solutions meet the success criteria for their security, compliance and identity architecture.
You will help customers make technical decisions to build tomorrow’s business and IT solutions based on Microsoft technology.
- You will lead technical presentations,demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, proof of concepts, andpilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest customers thecapabilities of Microsoft's products and services, and how we can make their businesses more successful.
- You will lead to clear technical, competitiveand security blockers to accelerate Security, Compliance and Identity sales and customer usage.
- You will own winning the technical decisionat customers for sales opportunities and usage scenarios, through tailoringyour message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show ourtechnology differentiation, and guiding them in decision making.
- You will work with partners and others atMicrosoft, as well as use our core tools, to extend your reach and the reach ofyour team, focusing on satisfying important customer needs
You will be a vital connection and orchestration point for a variety of technical resources, by:
- Orchestrating complex solutions with internaland external partners for multiple Microsoft products and services.
- Helping identify and diagnose technical,architectural, and competitive blockers and respective solutions for sales opportunitiesand usage decision blockers and helping ensure that these solutions areimplemented.
- Sharing practical knowledge with partners todrive the sale, deployment, and adoption of Microsoft solutions.
- Shaping current and future products, marketingstrategies, and customer centricity ideas through your feedback to sales,marketing, and engineering.
You will stay sharp, share your knowledge, and learn practices from others.
- We encourage all our employees tocontinuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills,and competitive readiness.
- Your knowledge will be enhanced and shared byparticipating in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broaderindustry through events, blogs, whitepapers, training, and articles for yourdomain.
You will be recognized for sharing, learning, and driving individual work that all result in business impact for customers, partners and within Microsoft. Microsoft encourages thought leadership and leadership from every employee.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
Technical Solution Leader
- Security & Compliance architect. Experience and ability to design key solutions and architectures for confidentiality, integrity and availability across multiple cybersecurity and compliance topics including endpoint detection and response, anti-malware, persistent threats, email security, user behavior and analytics, threat intelligence, cloud-based identity and access management solutions, threat hunting and forensics, information protection, application management, security management and/or auditing and governance required.
- Identity architect. Experienced professional able to design cloud-based identity and access management solutions as well as hybrid architectures and integration of cloud-based apps (SaaS) required.
- Insatiable Learner. Desire to know more than the standard and stretch to know more than Microsoft products required.
- Cloud Trust. Practical expertise in sophisticated identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance requirements, and experience integrating them into cloud and hybrid solutions required.
- Technical breadth. Extensive customer experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management; broad experience with Microsoft 365 Security, Azure Security and Enterprise Mobility + Security, and Windows 10 required.
- Technical depth. Domain authority, having enterprise customer experience with design, configuration and implementation of Microsoft or other security & compliance solutions as well as competitive product knowledge (ex. Okta, Proofpoint, Crowdstrike, Arcsight, Splunk) required
- Experience. 10+ years of related experience in technical presales and/or technical consulting roles preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred.
- Certification in Microsoft 365 Security Administration or Azure Security Engineer required.
Certification in any one of the following two: CEH, LPT, OSCP, or GPEN and CISSP, CCSP, GSEC, CCIA, GSED, ECSA or GISP
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.