- Join an innovative customer centric not-for-profit organisation
- Are you a Highly Experienced leader, with a flair for innovation and creativity?
- Do you want to facilitate a work environment with a key focus on connection and inclusion for people with disability?
- If you have answered yes to any of the above, please apply now!
- Position based in Tamworth
- More information about Uniting LAC Careers can be found here in our video: Uniting LAC Careers – “We are you”
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. Our focus is always on the people we serve, no matter where they are at in their life.
About Local Area Coordination Partners in the Community (PITC) Program
The NDIS Partners in the Community Program for Local Area Coordination (LAC) Services works in partnership with the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to assist people with disability, their families and carers to achieve tangible outcomes, exercise choice and control and engage with the National Disability Insurance Schemes (NDIS).
Uniting LAC support people aged 7-65 who have NDIS plans and are eligible for the Scheme, as well as connect people, who are not eligible for the Scheme, to services and supports in their local community.
Uniting is delivering Local Area Coordination in the local communities across the Hunter New England Regional Service Area, including Armidale Dumaresq, Cessock, Dungog, Glen Innes Severn, Gloucester, Gunnedah, Guyra, Gwydir, Inverell, Liverpool Plains, Maitland, Moree Plains, Muswellbrook, Narrabri, Singleton, Tamworth Regional, Tenerfield, Upper Hunter Shire, Urala and Walcha.
As an effective leader, you will be responsible for leading and managing day to day operations, setting objectives, managing performance, and coaching and developing up to 20 staff. You will lead the development of a service culture that promotes person centred operational excellence, reflecting the rights of people with disability to exercise control over all aspects of their lives.
Are you the Person we are looking for?
You will have demonstrated experience in leading and maintaining high performance teams within the disability or related services, and an understanding of relevant sector standards, policy, direction and changes, including the National Disability Insurance Scheme
We are looking for people who have lived experience, or awareness of the impact of existing or acquired disability upon individuals, families, carers and the community. Qualifications in allied health, disability services, education, human services, community development or social work, and experience in local government or other customer facing environments that support or provide services to the community will be highly regarded.
Benefits & Culture:
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer who supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as well as people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
- Salary packaging (visit https://accesspay.com.au/ for more information)
- Flexible work arrangements
- Paid travel entitlements
- Staff discounts with major retailers
- Diversity and Inclusion peer support groups
- Ongoing training and mentoring so you can continue to improve and learn new skills
- An accessible employee assistance program to support your wellbeing
- Further career development opportunities
How to apply
Please read the position description attached below for more information about the role and ensure you address all of the selection criteria when applying.
Position Description: Team Leader
Applications close Sunday 24th January 2021.
Employment with Uniting LAC Program is subject to satisfactory background checks which include Working with Children Check clearance, Reference Checks, State and National Police Checks and entry level checks conducted by Services Australia.
More information about Uniting LAC Careers can be found here in our video: Uniting LAC Careers – “We are you”