|Job Type:||Full Time|
With more than 235 stores and employing over 34,000 people, Kmart is proud to be one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest and most successful retailers.
Serving the needs of Australian and New Zealand families is at the core of who we are as a business, that’s why we are driven to be the place customers rely on for low prices and making every day living brighter.
You’ll be joining a dynamic team with a fantastic culture where diversity is openly celebrated, and you’ll be challenged and supported to achieve personal and business goals. Expect a work environment that is highly collaborative, fast-paced, inclusive and progressive - with no two days the same! Our values – Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher will resonate with you deeply and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a fantastic culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive.
What we’re looking for?
An exciting career opportunity has arisen for a highly-motivated individual to take on the role of Business Manager in Kidswear. Based at our National Office in Mulgrave and reporting in to the Kidswear Divisional Merchandise Manager, you will be responsible for buying a specific portfolio, as well as driving the performance of multiple departments by leading and inspiring a small team of Buyers. This role will suit someone who is currently a high performing senior buyer or buying manager with strategic vision and experience in leading teams.
To be considered for this position, you will possess a strong, consistent track record of proven results on “On-Trend” Merchandise management and execution with a deep understanding of the fundamental drivers of success in Merchandise. Your background will include the following key elements;
- Exposure to all aspects of the merchandise function, including buying, sourcing, product development, supplier management, merchandise planning, stores requirements, and supply chain considerations.
- Developing ranges to establish the appropriate balance of Price, Volume, Basics, Quality, Innovation and Trend to deliver strong category growth.
- Ability to recognise and interpret trends and build ranges to ensure consistent brand handwriting.
- Using commercial skills, combined with the ability to analyse customer's needs and research to effectively deliver long term strategic growth.
- High level of commercial and financial acumen and demonstrable success driving sales and profit performance across multiple categories
- Results driven, you are an effective influencer and communicator, able to demonstrate strong, visionary leadership and initiative, with ability to create a high performing team.
To meet the challenges of this role, you will ideally possess the following skills and experience;
- Proven success driving growth across multiple categories and delivering increased profit by setting strategic vision, maximising trends and interpreting them for the Customer.
- Extensive buying and leadership experience combined with high trend awareness preferably in an apparel portfolio.
- Previous people management experience, including influencing, developing and leading a team
- Highly driven and motivated, you possess innovative thinking to build balanced and exciting ranges.
- Strong leadership, negotiation, and communication skills to foster, develop and maintain long-term relationships.
- Success oriented - you thrive in a team environment and enjoy being accountable to drive further growth.
You will be afforded autonomy and accountability in your role and have access to development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, excellent remuneration, inclusion in company bonus scheme & access to Wesfarmers share plan (both for eligible team members), free parking and benefits program including a discount card for Kmart, Coles, Target and Officeworks.
At Kmart we aim to ensure our teams reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.