|Location:||Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Newcastle|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Are you ready for your next challenge?
- Take a leading role in enabling the success of Concentrated Solar Technology
- Join CSIRO and support Australia's premier scientific organisation!
The Australian Solar Thermal Research Institute (ASTRI) is a consortium of leading Australian research institutions, which was established to provide a coordinated, national approach to the development and demonstration of solar thermal technologies. The focus of ASTRI’s activities is on high temperature Concentrated Solar Thermal (CST) systems for energy storage, power generation and process heat.
The ASTRI Director will be responsible for delivering the commercial viability of Concentrated Solar Technology (CST) through the development, demonstration and deployment of emerging CST technologies, with a focus on areas where Australia has a comparative advantage. The successful candidate will also be responsible for leading and managing ASTRI’s world class capability in CST and actively managing key relationships with ASTRI partners, Government, Industry, international stakeholders and other Research institutions to ensure ASTRI outcomes are achieved in the national interest. You will have a strong focus on external engagement with government, industry, ASTRI partners and other research institutions, and will be required to foster linkages internally and externally with key stakeholders.
Your duties will include:
- Apply ASTRI’s Strategic Plan to ensure that key activity areas (Research, Operations and Commercial) are managed in a strategic and coordinated manner, consistent with ASTRI’s goals and key outcome areas.
- Develop and lead an external collaboration strategy.
- Be responsible for ensuring compliance by ASTRI with the Funding Agreement, with assistance from the ASTRI Operations Manager.
Location: Brisbane, QLD, Newcastle, NSW, Melbourne, VIC, Canberra, ACT
Salary: Attractive salary package is negotiable
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Managerial qualifications combined with significant experience and depth of understanding of science from either a research or industry background.
- Evidence of an established reputation and credibility in the energy domain with evidence of effective world-class business, science, research and/or innovation leadership.
- Evidence of strategic management and leadership skills, including ability to manage key activity areas in a strategic and coordinated manner consistent with organisational goals.
- Evidence of successful development and leadership of a pipeline and portfolio of science, research and/or business innovation at the scale of the ASTRI program.
- Evidence of strong internal and external engagement skills and strategic relationship management that grows new impact opportunities and supports commercial outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage financial performance and build a portfolio of client and stakeholder relationships and commercial opportunities to meet financial objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to attract, retain, empower and develop world class talent and to promote wellbeing and foster creativity in multidisciplinary teams of approximately 50 staff.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead a diverse range of people in the delivery of complex projects in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Demonstrated values and behavioural leadership, including a demonstrated ability to promote productive internal and external collaboration to achieve outcomes.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 31 January 2021, 11:00pm AEST