|Job Type:||Full Time|
Direct Procurement Manager - Food Manufacturing
- Genuine career pathways, flexible work arrangements & excellent work culture
- Drive cost optimisation & partnerships across our large-scale supplier groups
- Parental Leave cover, Bella Vista location
FoodCo drives clear competitive advantage for the Woolworths Food Group through increased innovation in own and exclusive brands, expansion into growth markets, building manufacturing excellence and the establishment of strategic, long-term partnerships.
We leverage, nurture and grow our best talent to drive points of difference and create a sustainable, collaborative and agile culture where we continue to evolve and put the customer at the centre of everything we do.
What we are looking for:
Reporting to the Head of Supply Development and part of the The Woolworths Food Company Supply Development Team. You will be responsible for building and growing a world class Buying team that develops and engages with our current and potential supplier base to deliver improved quality at lower cost, with a point of difference.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Driving a strong, collaborative culture amongst our Buyers, with support in their development goals through effective matrix management
- Development of COGs budget
- Manage a team of analysts to determine potential opportunities regarding cost optimisation to support Senior Own Brand Managers & Buyers to achieve annual COGS reduction targets.
- Collaborative build of strategic customer-insight-led projects to support best practice third-party sourcing and procurement.
- Developing best practice processes to improve execution efficiency, contributing better margins and helping to grow the business
- Ensure the Own Brand offer delivers true value for our customers and our range builds price trust, through management of a competitive pricing index.
- Working with senior leaders and cross functional teams in pursuit of sustainable best-in-class strategic sourcing practices
Your leadership in large scale negotiations across Fresh & Longlife will be required to further support and grow our Buying team, to ensure cross functional business goals and objectives are delivered.
Additional capabilities and desirable skills will include:
- Significant commercial acumen, analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Training and development of Buyers
- Understand supply base capability to constantly identify opportunities and nurture supplier relationships which will deliver long term competitive advantage for Woolworths
- End-to-end management of Value Chain to support cost out initiatives
- Price Trust Strategy & Execution support
What your experience looks like:
- The successful candidate will possess 7+ years experience in Buying, Sourcing or Procurement in a Retail or FMCG environment.
- Previous experience in leading a team, and/or cross country team leadership
- Demonstrated experience in buying activities including contract negotiations, cost management, strategic sourcing, project management, risk management & analysis.
- Proven experience in leading change and being a change agent.
- Proven negotiator and influencer with the ability to build trusted business partner relationships cross functionally and at all levels of the business
- Proven experience in developing and implementing frameworks.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
Who you are?
You’re driven by a customer mission and passionate about being part of a team of great people.
You orient yourself around doing what’s meaningful, purposeful and delivers value. You’re excited about being part of the transformation of one of Australia’s biggest companies.
You’re curious and empathetic, with an eye for the bigger picture. You deal with complexity by collaborating with colleagues, listening to customers and suppliers, testing ideas and continuously learning. You take authorship for what you create.
We are driving inclusion and diversity as Ways of Working. If you meet a number of the requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application.
Want to hear more? Apply via www.wowcareers.com.au or alternatively connect with us on Linkedin for further information.
Our team are taking a well-deserved break between 24th December and 4th January 2021. If you wish to apply for this role, we'll be in touch with an update on your application in the new year. Wishing you and your family a wonderful festive season.
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You